The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Tannen's lecture and gambling act in NYC (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jason ladanye
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of jason ladanye
On July 27th, I’ll be lecturing again at Tannen’s magic (http://tannensmagic.corecommerce.com ) in NYC! I’ll be performing all new, never before seen material from my new book, Game Changer. Here’s a chance to see some of the material months before the book is released. I’ll also be performing a two-man gambling act at the Parlor of Mystery (http://www.parlorofmystery.com/index.html ) in Lindenhurst, NY on July 23rd. Come see the two-man show and then join me for a lecture on July 27th! This is a great opportunity to see how my material plays to a lay audience.

Royal Production: Find a powerful poker hand under impossible conditions. The deck is spread face-up for the audience to verify that everything is fair. A second later the performer is dealing himself a royal flush.

Standing Out: A powerful opener that you can do anytime, anywhere, with and deck, for any number of people, standing, or seated… you get the idea! The performer produces four of a kind in a very visual way.

Catch Me if You Can: Play an easy game with a spectator. No matter what they can’t win! This is one of my top five all time favorite effects to perform.

Ladanye’s Triumph: In Ladanye’s version, there’s no doubt the cards are mixed faces into backs… because they are. Also, the performer finds four selections in the process!

Liar Liar: A new-deck order closer that leaves your audience speechless! The performer offers to teach a simple effect but leaves the audience with a far greater mystery. (This is standing ovation material!)

In addition to teaching the effects, I’ll be sharing insights on misdirection, sleights, spectator management, character development, practicing and performing, and much much more. I will also be selling DVD’s, books, lecture notes, close-up mats and practice mirrors. Don’t miss it!
furmanmatt
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
217 Posts

Profile of furmanmatt
Sounds awesome.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2536 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2017, jason ladanye wrote:

Liar Liar: A new-deck order closer that leaves your audience speechless! The performer offers to teach a simple effect but leaves the audience with a far greater mystery. (This is standing ovation material!)

Any video of an audience giving you a 'standing ovation'........or is the name of the trick pretty apt?

Just wondering what you do in your spare time mate - when you aren't blowing smoke up your own @rse.
Barry Allen

Over 14 years have passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2017, Merc Man wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2017, jason ladanye wrote:

Any video of an audience giving you a 'standing ovation'........or is the name of the trick pretty apt?

Just wondering what you do in your spare time mate - when you aren't blowing smoke up your own @rse.

Wow... is this a personal issue you have with him or is "MY" idea of great material suddenly wrong? I have seen several uncut videos of him performing and find most, if not all, to be worthy of "ovation". I find his material way better than most of the cookie cutter 'crap-ola' being shoved into our 'eager to buy' online shopping carts as soon as it hits the "Latest and Greatest" forum.

Even if one is not a fan of "Darwin Ortiz" type effects (high quality gambling demos and well thought out "Strong Magic"), it does not mean that it isn't great (and original) material worthy of posting about. I would imagine since he has had time to write 2 magic books (the first being one of the best I have read in a while, so I will 'assume' the second will keep pace) and time to be a busy working magician, as well as creating and adding to the art, he probably doesn't have near as much time to "blow smoke" as you have to sit at your computer and insult him.

Even though it may be a post more appropriately posted in the "So Happy Together" forum (and the mods may eventually move it there), I am glad he posted it here because he is primarily concentrated on strong card magic (like "The Workers" forum is supposed to be). I have been waiting to see when his next book is coming out and if I lived anywhere near NYC, I would be very glad to have a heads up about his lecture. I guess I will point "my jealousy" at those who can attend.

Jason, do you have a release date on the new book yet? Also, will this one also be thru Vanishing Inc? Thanks Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2536 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Nothing personal whatsoever.

Just the fact that I don't remember ever having seen (in over 40 years) any single card trick that warrants 'a standing ovation'. It's just utter BS. Moreover, when marketing a product to potential customers, it's totally unfair surely, to make those sort of statements without proof.

Even the great Ricky Jay doesn't achieve the accolade of a standing ovation - well, not that I've ever witnessed anyway. Maybe us English are just more reserved.

I just get a tad frustrated seeing people forever using this forum for the sole purpose of promoting themselves; and making themselves money.

That's the problem with this World old chap. Far too many takers, never enough givers.
Barry Allen

Over 14 years have passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2017, Merc Man wrote:
I just get a tad frustrated seeing people forever using this forum for the sole purpose of promoting themselves; and making themselves money.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/bb_pr......ser=9538
SimonCard
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of SimonCard
I've seen multiple videos of Jason Ladanye's performance. They are all high quality materials that are worthy to be promoted.
My personal favorite is this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFvKysH7Pcc
FalseDeal
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of FalseDeal
I always enjoy Jason's Darwin Ortiz impersonation.
SimonCard
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of SimonCard
He is no longer impersonating Darwin Ortiz any more.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I think his voice and demeanor is very similar to Darwin's anyway. It may just be because he started taking lessons from Darwin at a fairly young age IIRC, and that may have been a big influence. IMHO, "imitating" (if not done as a "goof") is certainly not a bad thing. I got his book and it comes with a dvd of several performances from the book as well as watching many of his YouTube clips, I see a lot of little details that remind me of Darwin (like excusing himself for turning his back toward a spec while having the other spec pick a card. Just an act of politeness, but you don't see it a lot anymore. Anyway, I like his style as well as Darwin's. Very classy.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
jason ladanye
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of jason ladanye
For anyone that was planning on attending my lecture at Tannen's in NYC this Thursday, there was a scheduling error on their end and we'll be announcing a new date shortly. Any questions about refunds or tickets for the TBA date, please contact me or Tannen's. Thanks! -Jason

http://tannensmagic.corecommerce.com

http://www.cardmagicbyjason.com/contact/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Tannen's lecture and gambling act in NYC (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL