The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Favourite John Carey trick (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
822 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2017, MagicMason wrote:
Great post! I have a couple of his books and they are awesome. I came across a new one (to me) by John called "Balducci as I Balducci". I have gotten lots of "wows!" from that one. Has anyone else performed that trick? thoughts?

Tom Mason

Tom that one works great for me. I do it mostly standing with some one. Fun, easy, and big impact
willmagicman
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of willmagicman
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2017, warren wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2017, willmagicman wrote:
I just wanted to mention that I also recently came across that nice force that John Carey uses. I think it's a crackin' little move .. it's a bit bold though, but if done just right it works like a charm.

Would this be the one he showed in the Alakazam after show party if so I agree and what a bargain it was too for those of us that paid early Smile

I'm not sure about that Warren, but it's pretty much the same 'move' that Paul Wilson uses in his YAMFACAAN as previously mentioned by a previous poster. I'd never seen the move until I saw John doing it, and I was gobsmacked when I realised what he was doing, and right under the spectators noses too! ... Hidden in plain sight. I thought to myself: ''How is he getting away with that!'' But it just works. It's great to see all this admiration, and appreciation shown for John by us all, and he richly deserves it. What a guy!

I heard someone comment once that ''Having John Carey teaching you a card trick is like talking to your local priest'' This in reference to John's soft spoken nature. I'll have to get one of his DVD's and experience that for myself.

I'm glad this topic was started.

Will.
A Man's gotta know his limitations ... A Magician sets those limitations.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2017, willmagicman wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2017, warren wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2017, willmagicman wrote:
I just wanted to mention that I also recently came across that nice force that John Carey uses. I think it's a crackin' little move .. it's a bit bold though, but if done just right it works like a charm.

Would this be the one he showed in the Alakazam after show party if so I agree and what a bargain it was too for those of us that paid early Smile

I'm not sure about that Warren, but it's pretty much the same 'move' that Paul Wilson uses in his YAMFACAAN as previously mentioned by a previous poster. I'd never seen the move until I saw John doing it, and I was gobsmacked when I realised what he was doing, and right under the spectators noses too! ... Hidden in plain sight. I thought to myself: ''How is he getting away with that!'' But it just works. It's great to see all this admiration, and appreciation shown for John by us all, and he richly deserves it. What a guy!

I heard someone comment once that ''Having John Carey teaching you a card trick is like talking to your local priest'' This in reference to John's soft spoken nature. I'll have to get one of his DVD's and experience that for myself.

I'm glad this topic was started.

Will.

John teaches this move on one of his dvd's I can't remember which one off hand but I do know that John credits Paul for the move Smile
pancho247
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of pancho247
I picked up all of John's books recently but not read any yet. Which one would you guys recommend to start with. Im not a move monkey though, nothing too tricky.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2017, pancho247 wrote:
I picked up all of John's books recently but not read any yet. Which one would you guys recommend to start with. Im not a move monkey though, nothing too tricky.

Being more of a dvd man these days I only have one of JC's books but as with all of JC's material there's nothing too difficult so you should be fine to start with whichever one catches your imagination first.
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
Really enjoying Johns 'If We Could Turn Back Time' from his Penguin lecture/Crafted with Carey, so simple,direct and a perfect lead in to something else.

Greig Smile
epsilon97
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of epsilon97
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2017, ajb6864 wrote:
I've used "Inspired By Pierce" since Gary Jones showed it to me, around 10 years ago. I think it is almost the perfect card routine. Hi John btw if you chime in!

What book of his teaches this trick?
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2018, epsilon97 wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2017, ajb6864 wrote:
I've used "Inspired By Pierce" since Gary Jones showed it to me, around 10 years ago. I think it is almost the perfect card routine. Hi John btw if you chime in!

What book of his teaches this trick?

I'm not sure what book its in but I know it's on the Spot Light On Carey DVD if that helps.
DaveGripenwaldt
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of DaveGripenwaldt
I like John's all backs routine and his work on Daley's last trick - both off the Edetica DVD

Most of the material on Sublime Self-working Tricks Vol. 1 is really good - I especially like "One Hand One Card"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Favourite John Carey trick (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL