The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » [Review] The Experiment by Vinny Sagoo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
The Experiment – Vinny Sagoo

Product description : ESP cards is something that has fascinated me for a long time, I really believe people find the trick which used such cards are more “magical” and stronger than other. With The Experiment, you can have a full routine with a lot of interaction with the spectator ! 10 cards are taken out of a plastic wallet, 5 are handed to the spectator and 5 to the magician, they both put the cards behind their back, and they shuffled the cards. Each one take a card out, face down, and they switch it, then put it back face up in their pack, still behind their back. When the cards are put in front of them, the card face up is the same, the wavy line ! And when the other cards are turned over, they’re all blank ! Finally, when you turn the wallet, there is wavy lines printed on it, everything was predicted since the beginning !

Price and where to buy it : This is sold at $19.95 and you can find it in nearly every Murphy's magic « partner » shop !

What you get : You get a little ziplock bag with inside a small paper, nicely printed with the logo and description of the trick. Inside, you will find the little plastic wallet (it’s more a card holder with 2 pockets). Inside the pocket, you’ll find all the cards, they’re nicely printed on bicycle stock, so the quality is here ! You’ll find a little paper with the main instructions on it and a link for the explanation video you can find online. The video is well made and the trick is easy to understand. For the price asked, I find this to be a pretty good offer, everything is good quality !

Teaser : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shl2ioOUA6E

The pros and the cons : Here is the core of my review, let's begin with the cons, as I will usually be doing, I prefer to keep the good things for the end.

THE CONS :
– The wallet may looks a little bit cheap but it does the work.
– Some people may find the trick to be easy to understand, I had the case once.
– The outcome will always be the same so you can’t do this twice.

THE PROS :
– It’s pretty cheap ! For $20, you get a nice routine, which involves the audience and which has a big wow factor.
– It’s something you do in the spectator’s hand and I find the magic done in the audience hands to be the most impressive and amazing one.
– Nothing is gimmicked, everything may be inspected at the end, they won’t find anything.
– The reset is instant, put the cards back in the wallet, and you’re ready to go again !
– There is a double (or even a triple one) kicker, first, the cards match, then all the cards are blank and finally, you show that everything was predicted because the wavy line is printed on the wallet since the beginning.
– There is no move, so you can completely focus on your presentation, a beginner could do it.
– It packs small plays big, just put it in your pocket and you’re ready to go !
– This is something which has a big impact on people, they just can’t understand how it works. And most of the time, they think I’ve influenced them which is quite good and you can play on that too.

Overall rating : I like this trick a lot, self-working, done in the spectator’s hands, has a big impact on people, however, I can’t see myself carrying this little wallet with me, I already have some packet tricks, 3/4 hearts.

As for the difficulty level, it’s self-working ! So I would say 1/5 stars.

Similar products : There are a million tricks out there which involves ESP cards, I couldn’t list all of them.
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » [Review] The Experiment by Vinny Sagoo (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL