The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Vault - A Thought Well Stolen by Ben Harris (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

therealbrogilbert
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of therealbrogilbert
This week on the Vault. Ben Harris ! Such an amazing thinker and creator. This is one of my all time favorite Ben Harris effects. Available today from all of your favorite dealers. Enjoy !
ps. Includes a live performance and an awesome bonus Smile

https://youtu.be/FtmU7p9HDK0
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
therealbrogilbert
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of therealbrogilbert
Some great reviews on that thread Pegasus, thanks! I think ya'll might be happy with the new price and the bonus that comes with The Vault download version of Ben's amazing piece of magic.
michael640
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of michael640
I do not understand how this can be anything but completely transparent to an intelligent spectator. Maybe I'm wrong
tomd
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of tomd
Read the other thread, Pegasus points out a simple rouse at the beginning that will deter spectators from coming to the conclusion that seems so obvious in this demo.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Correct. Thanks. Both decks are shown at the beginning to be completely different.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Somehow I completely missed the boat on this when it originally came out.

I think this is the PERFECT type of effect to be released on the vault. It's taking something which many probably overlooked and bringing it into the light of day.

This one is simple. Practically self-working. But I do feel with some of the subtleties discussed in the pdf, it could even be a magician fooler. There's a really nice tip to camouflage the decks at the beginning. This is beautiful and no more difficult to set up than the original. If you throw in some very convincing false shuffles and cuts as well, this will leave a layperson stunned.

I can see how some originally said the second phase exposes the first one, but if you throw in a false shuffle there, it will rap the effect up a notch.

The pdf also discusses a one deck variation which produces virtually the same effect with a single deck.

What all do you receive in the download? You get the performance from Bro, the full "A Thought Well Stolen" ebook, and the "Director's Cut" pdf which is apparently Ben Harris's preferred handling.

Once again, this is a simple one, but I do feel with good shuffles and good acting, it will come across as a very powerful demonstration. Especially if you do as Ben suggests and name their card BEFORE they turn it over. I feel that subtlety helps cement the idea that you really did know their card and position it correctly.

Madison
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Vault - A Thought Well Stolen by Ben Harris (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL