The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Silly Billy Inflatable 6 foot wand (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1241 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Here's another great product from Silly Billy. A 6 foot inflatable wand. It takes 30 seconds to inflate by mouth. It's made from the same material as bounce castles, so it should last a really long time!

http://www.sillymagic.com/product/6-foot-airship-wand/

I still use the Bigger wands from Creative, but this is a great option for smaller venues. (homes, etc).

Ken
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
He had these at his lecture, when he was here in Victoria, BC, Canada, back in June.

I like Silly Billy, and I can see how this might be of interest to those who don't have the Creative Magic items. Because the company is now closed, you either already have them, or have to track down a used set, if you want to use "Bigger Wands" and/or "Biggest Wand" in your show. (And yes, "Bigger Wands" and "Biggest Wand" were sold separately, although many performers use them together.)

The 6' airship wand is an inflatable, and is being compared to the 12' inflatable "Biggest Wand" from Creative Magic (which is still available from Jeff Jones at Magic Backdrops). And yes, I get the concept of using a 6' wand instead of a 12' wand in a house party. And it's got an attractive price point, if you wanted to get a larger type of wand but don't own any of the Creative Magic items yet.

But if you have a set of Creative Magic's "Bigger Wands", then you have wands that are 5' and 7.5' long in that set. You could use those at a house party just as easily. They just aren't inflatable (which packs very small), but the 5' and 7.5' Bigger Wands do pack down smaller because they are foam noodles that come apart, with a cloth cover, and come with a carrying bag for the whole set of Bigger Wands.

- Donald

P.S. If you are new to kids magic, and haven't heard of "Bigger Wands" or "Biggest Wand":

http://www.creativemagic.net/kids/biggerwands.htm

http://www.creativemagic.net/kids/biggestwand.htm

https://magicbackdrop.com/products/delux......-product
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Donald, that's exactly what I do...use the noodles from Bigger Wands. I also have problems with leaking in Biggest wand, so I don't use it often... can't seem to fix the leak. Inflatables are tough to count on.
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
I bought two Silly Billy 6 ft wands because it is more compact than Creative Magic's Bigger Wands set and the price point is attractive.

It's cumbersome to travel with my Bigger Wands set. The Silly Billy wand appeals to me because it provides a similar effect as Bigger Wands but looks easier to bring into the venue. What I didn't think about was packing down. I wonder how easy it is to deflate.

The wands should arrive next week so I can test them.
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
495 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
Got mine yesterday (fast shipping!). Looks very good.

HÃ¥kan
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I have one - it really packs small, and looks good when inflated. The only problem I have, is after I blow it up, I have to sit down and recover for 20 minutes.
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
I recently purchased this. And I rarely will give a review on a product.

But I have to give Silly Billy an A+ on this. This is a terrific effect and you can even add in Multiplying Wands to add to the effect. Just use your imagination.

I also am going to use a Wand Puppet from Dan over at Creative Art Store in my routine.

GREAT EFFECT, HIGHLY Recommended.

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
Jack Skipton
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of Jack Skipton
This is such a great looking prop. I missed the early bird special though, arrrrrgh.
aheller5
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of aheller5
I'm sure you can make your own big wands with pool noodles and black and white duct tape. no hassle of blowing up..
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
You have GREAT taste in pasta! I like your noodles too. I was thinking of this idea and you beat me to the punch. Feel free to hold it against me for my puns. -I'm a lousy swimmer.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
aheller5
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of aheller5
Hahahah keep them coming
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Silly Billy Inflatable 6 foot wand (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL