The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » TT get ready (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bob777
View Profile
New user
Norfolk, England
27 Posts

Profile of Bob777
Late to the party, but . . . very interesting to learn about the use of paper clips. I performed the bill switch for about 30 years as a table hopper and have never needed to use a paper clip. I made sure that whatever was in the TT was well folded, even put it under a heavy object overnight if necessary. The TT just rested in my pocket with its load. On a slightly different point about using a TT, having got the mechanics of the whole thing down it took me two years to pluck up courage to perform the bill switch - it took me that long to forget about the TT if you see what I mean.

Anyway, good luck everyone
Magic is a hook on which you hang your personality
Wx4usa
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of Wx4usa
I know this is an older thread but my two cents. Waterloophai is correct. The soft TT makes removal difficult...the bill seems to get stuck. The hard vernet is my choice. Also the folded bill removes easier for me if the folded end goes into the tt last...and don't push it in too far. And I love Dick Oslund's stories of the original 25cent vernet 'sale'. I have some of those old metal TT's in my collection. All the paint is worn off too lol. As for position in my pocket, I just fumble for a bill or a blank bill size paper so I can 'print a bill' and the TT is there pre loaded. I carry two at all times.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » TT get ready (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL