The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » IBMSAM Convention 2017 - cell phone trick seen (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

glowball
View Profile
Special user
Nashville TN
846 Posts

Profile of glowball
I recently returned from the 2017 IBMSAM convention and a dealer (I think) showed an app where you wipe an area roughly the size of a silver dollar on the screen and you can see right through the phone to physical objects behind it!
Obviously it utilizes the camera real time to do this but it is a startling effect especially when followed by the silk through phone.
Does anyone know the name of this app and where it can be purchased?
PS: I had posted this request under APPSolutely but got no responses, so maybe posting here may get the attention of an attendee.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Glowball, I haven't seen this effect personally but if no one has any info for you, you might try a google search for "see through phone app" Seems like there's several possibilities that might fit your question.
Where the magic begins
glowball
View Profile
Special user
Nashville TN
846 Posts

Profile of glowball
Was the first thing I did a month ago, but they were all whole screen "invisible phone" type of effects. What I'm looking for is the app that comes up with a "foggy" screen and you wipe an area about an inch or so and you can see right through the phone. When followed up with silk through the phone it looks fantastic. Thanks for responding.
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
Glowball - the app you are looking for is called "Wipe" or Simon Pierro's Magic Wipe!
glowball
View Profile
Special user
Nashville TN
846 Posts

Profile of glowball
Will follow up on this.
Thanks so much Bill!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » IBMSAM Convention 2017 - cell phone trick seen (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL