The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » More writer than warlock (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mark Levenson
View Profile
New user
New York
24 Posts

Profile of Mark Levenson
Hello. The Café looks to be a highly informative, enjoyable, thoughtful, enthusiastic place, thanks to all of you. I look forward to participating.
About me: I once had a journalism professor who advised never to begin an autobiography with where you were born. Unless it was someplace interesting. Like jail.
So, no birthplace. But I did begin my magical life early, at the age of 4, in the act of my grandmother, "Lightfingers Ida." Started out as a production prop, produced out of a flat cardboard carton. My grandmother also introduced me to Tannens and magic conventions and generally nurtured what has become a lifelong interest in magic. Did the kids' show circuit as a kid myself. Now I watch all I can, collect old books, learn and perform close-up, and try to instill the same interest in my kids (with uneven success, but that's kids for you). I'm a writer by profession. All best -- Mark.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hey! (as "they" say, down south!

THAT's an intro!!

Welcome Mark!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Mark Levenson,

What an intriguing way to get into Magic. Your Grandmother sounds like an interesting lady.

Tell the Kids your Magic is secret and they should stay out of it. You'll find the Kids with the drive and interest pretty quick. The others can enjoy the Magic as Spectators.

I'll see you in the Close-Up fora.

-Mary Mowder
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » More writer than warlock (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL