The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Riser Mini Cups Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dale Houck
View Profile
Veteran user
Dakota J Magic at Saint Cloud, FL
343 Posts

Profile of Dale Houck
I have two sets of Riser mini cups. One I'll call old style and one new style. The old set has the hallmark "R" stamped in the bottom and the new set has the whole name stamped. The new style has slightly curved sides and a more "artsy" look in my opinion. I've sent photos to a few people and they've never seen the new style. (I know they are no longer in production and haven't been for several years, so the "new" here is relative and not meant to imply "current").

Anyone here familiar with the "new" style? Any idea on the history?

Dale

Magic is where you find it.....
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Ask Jim Riser?
He spins them by hand so there are chnages in them from each spinning.
Jim Should be able to easily tell you the history or direct you to his page about them.
dcjames
View Profile
Special user
577 Posts

Profile of dcjames
Hi Dale,

I have two sets of small Riser cups as well. One is the old style you refer to and the other one is the Midi set. Both of my sets are hallmarked with the James P Riser stamp in the bottom of the saddle. Not familiar with the R hallmark.

Both of my sets pictured on the James Riser Magic cup reference page here: http://jamesriser.com/Magic/RiserSpunIte......ngs.html

Interesting that your new style set does not seem to be shown in any of those photos.

Doug
“Magic is very easy to do - poorly.”

Tommy Wonder
The Books of Wonder
Volume 2
Dale Houck
View Profile
Veteran user
Dakota J Magic at Saint Cloud, FL
343 Posts

Profile of Dale Houck
I loved the look of the "new" style, but I suspect it was an experiment and not produced in quantity. At any rate, that set sold on the big auction site last night. It's going to a good home, thankfully!

I also have a set of the Midi cups. Both the mini and the midis are among my favorite sets.
Magic is where you find it.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Riser Mini Cups Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL