The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Silkola - Christmas idea? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

torben
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of torben
Hi,

Do anybody have a Christmas idea for the Silkola effekt?

Best regards, Torben
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
In my "Genii in the Bottle" from The Wizards' Journal #29, I describe a routine which uses a cartoon of a Genii printed on silk (using an inkjet printer and printable silk fabric - sources given in the e-Book).

However, if you simply change the Genii into a Christmas Elf, or a Frisky Snowman or Flying Reindeer, you can turn the entire routine into a seasonal one with no trouble at all. Then, for Halloween, print up a ghost or goblin, or Uncle Sam for patriotic occasions (in the USA) and so on. The Silkola Effect is just one of the elements in the routine, but it makes just as much sense to imagine a Genii living in a bottle as it would for an Elf or a Spirit, in MY fantasy world, at least!
Some of the other effects in the routine besides Silkola include: The Imp Bottle, The Prayer Vase, The Hoo-Coin, The Demuth Milk Bottle, Floating Bottle, Dancing Hank, Appearing and Disappearing Bottle and a "Magic Carpet." You think you know all of those old tricks? Think again! They've all been reinvented!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
You can get the holiday silks offered on some websites, reindeer, Santa, holiday, etc. Then build a patter routine around the theme.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
While it's true you can buy holiday themed silks ready-made, you'll never find one with your face on it appearing as the Christmas Elf, and you won't find too many with the background of your choice. Qua-Fiki, no longer a Wiz Kid but still with a great sense of humor, gets lots of laughs by denying that the characters that appear on his silks and card tricks look anything like him. That in itself is a good reason to print your own silks if you have access to an inkjet printer.

https://www.dharmatrading.com/transfers/......lls.html

But you should be able to do more than just use a holiday themed silk with a store-bought Silkola. In my "Genii in the Bottle" routine, I was able to do away with the need for the tube, and came up with other uses for the bottle in the various parts of the routine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Silkola - Christmas idea? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL