The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Scripting Magic by Pete McCabe (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Hey guys,

There is a new set of books coming out. I know books can be a little more challenging to find the time to sit down and read, but they will be a resource that last forever. Books never need to keep up with technology and these books in particular are a goldmine of information like never before.

George from Vanishing Inc was kind enough to fill us in about everything that makes these unique- and I have to agree with him.

Scripting Magic Volume 1 by Pete McCabe is essays that teach you how to write the perfect scripts. Its as if you are sitting there with him learning to create a new show in real time. A true masterclass for any level of performer - and of course - tricks too!

Volume 2 takes volume 1 even further by teaching you how to rehearse. It gives you all of the secrets to put your scripting to work and includes scripts from Michael Webber and Teller, real pros who have worked them and even delve into giving you notes on their creative process right there within their scripts.

These books are sure to teach you how to perform and script stronger and more fooling magic.

These are the best way to make your magic more fluent and entertaining.

You can purchase the books individually or as a set which comes with a special something extra.

More info:
Volume 1 http://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=61020
Volume 2 http://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=61021
Deluxe Set http://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=61022

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
eboetcker
View Profile
Regular user
Jacksonville, FL
187 Posts

Profile of eboetcker
And if you're looking to order now: https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/......1-and-2/

This is looking like it's going to be a real killer!
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
356 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
Can’t wait!
Live Pete’s books
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
Interesting.
GreenKnight33
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of GreenKnight33
Ordered! Also got three free additional effects as part of their black friday deal
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Thanks for the heads up. Got part 1 as you call it biut I didn’t know there was a second.
magic.42
View Profile
New user
USA
72 Posts

Profile of magic.42
Just pre-ordered my copy of “Scripting Magic Vol. 2” (have vol. 1). I purchase mine from Penguin Magic at $37.50 (Pre-Order) price with free shipping. F.Y.I....
magic.42
View Profile
New user
USA
72 Posts

Profile of magic.42
P.S. forgot to mention that they throw in some freebies:
Penguin Magic Monthly: November 2017 (PROMO)
1 x $0.00 24-Karat Fold by Gregory Wilson (PROMO)
1 x $0.00 Stop Smoking by Mark Elsdon (PROMO)
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
I got the two volume set coming from Penguin along with many other books and items as usual. I had the first on my long wishlist for a long time but never got to get it as I was too busy reading the tons of books that I already have, and GIANT books and sets etc in my massive collection. Then it went OOP as usual. But at least I will have them now for later, so looking forward to these books!
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
596 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
These books are excellent! Luc
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I recently (well, a couple months ago) tracked down a first edition of Scripting Magic on the used market. And boom... a week later the reprint as well as Scripting 2 were starting to promo. Anyway, The copy of 1 that I have is absolutely pristine and I went ahead and ordered Scripting 2.

My question, for anyone who has (or has access to) both editions of Scripting 1. Are there really any differences other than the addition of pictures and/or illustrations? A friend of mine got the deluxe ed and we compared book size and page numbers a little over the phone but couldn't really figure out anything that way.

Thanks
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2015 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
I got the two Scripting Magic volumes for Christmas and have read most of the material in both volumes, though not all of the model scripts.

I do only Mentalism, as a locally performing hobbyist. This has been one of my top half-dozen reads for the informed practice of Mentalism. If, for every effect you perform, you really want to think through what you will do and what you will say, what these books teach is excellent--at both basic and advanced levels..

The two volumes belong on any informed Mentalists five foot shelf of most important sources. Do not assume that the books will be a dry or laborious read. Pete is an interesting writer, and he manages a number of interesting interviews with some of the world's most splendid magicians.

George
Ghost Counter
View Profile
New user
Plymouth, England
36 Posts

Profile of Ghost Counter
I have just ordered the deluxe two volume set here in the UK from The Merchant Of Magic. I find magic theory fascinating and although my focus is on card magic, I feel that scripting is one of my weak areas, especially pacing myself properly. I can't wait for these books to arrive. As well as being a superb learning resource I can't help thinking that these will become highly collectible in time.
NewtScamander
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of NewtScamander
I got Deluxe edition for Christmas and enjoy the books so far Smile as I am really into magic theory. Just a quick note for anyone wondering how to use those included worksheets - it is explained at the beginning of second volume Smile, I was kind of confused about them till I opened the second one Smile...
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney

Title: Scripting Magic
Creator: Pete McCabe
Publisher: Vanishing Inc
MSRP: $ 50

Manufacturer's Write Up:

When Scripting Magic was first released in 2007, it was an immediate, surprise sensation. Magicians around the world, hungry for ways to improve their magic, were thrilled to have a volume dedicated to the vital question: what do you say when you perform? Written by Pete McCabe and including contributions from 26 of magic's best thinkers and most experienced performers, Scripting Magic zipped through three printings and has been unavailable for years.

Vanishing Inc. is proud to publish the definitive edition of Scripting Magic. This new version, expanded with illustrations, contains fantastic magic from luminaries like John Lovick, Jon Armstrong, Max Maven, and David Regal, and covers the process for creating memorable presentations. You'll learn how to write, edit, and perform compelling magic in this one-of-a-kind exploration into the presentation of magic.
462 Pages
43 Scripts
30 Tricks
Fully illustrated
Contributors: Michael Ammar, Jon Armstrong, Bruce Barnett, Rafael Benatar, Eugene Burger, Michael Close, Bob Farmer, Paul Green, Eric Henning, Guy Hollingworth, Larry Jennings, Mark Joerger, Kenton Knepper, Jonathan Levit, John Lovick, Max Maven, Eric Mead, Séan O'Néill, Gary Ouellet, David Regal, Jim Steinmeyer, Vic Sussman, Jamy Ian Swiss, Teller, Joe M. Turner, and Larry White.

Video review: ​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2IGtbvpkh0
SleightlyCurious
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of SleightlyCurious
Can anyone tell me If the deluxe set worksheets are "worth" the extra £50 as Penguin and Vanishing hasn't exactly been forthcoming when I asked the same question - first time ever as both usually have top notch customer services.

I would just like to know if the worksheets add anything significant to the content / knowledge as a whole or if its just "a little bonus".

Thanks
Always "sleightly" curious.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
If you use them, they'll be very valuable. If you don't use them, they're just some pieces of paper.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Scripting Magic by Pete McCabe (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL