The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Best ITR (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wyptaj
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of wyptaj
Hi All,
I was wondering whats the best ITR, as I've tried a few but always been left a little disappointed.
I have Invisible by Damien Savina, but I am worried about the thread breaking when trying to do it !
I have tried BOSS ITR, Steve Fearsons Master levitation system, but for me that was great to make things rise, but not to do the kind of tricks I would like to do with a finger ring.
I've had a Tarantula v1 but again wasn't overly enthused about it....mmaybe I'm just a stickler but I dod like the old ITR that was about the size of a pen ! and it was easy to use and suck the thread out. However some of the latest itr's break quite easily or are a pain to rethread when the thread gets stuck inside.
Has anyone has great success with a particular brand ?
Many thanks in advance.
theocreswell
View Profile
New user
Surrey, UK
61 Posts

Profile of theocreswell
Hello!

I have heard many great things about the Legacy IT found at http://subdividedstudios.bigcartel.com they give you really good bang for your buck quantity wise.
They have good quality and recommend purchasing the LEK (Legacy emergency kit) or the Trinity System. Really good tying systems.

Also I believe Silkworm is really good although they may not be selling that anymore. (Don't take my word for this I'm not sure)

If you are however talking about routines, there is a post in this section, just below your post about exactly that topic that I recommend looking at. (or the search bar- most of the questions I have I can find an answer to with a little digging)

Hope this is helpful
Theo
theocreswell
View Profile
New user
Surrey, UK
61 Posts

Profile of theocreswell
I feel how good an ITR is depends on the thread but If you're going for and electric ITR then Spider Pen Pro

But I'm really into Venom which is mechanical- worth reading reviews on this site and others. Quality product.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I've had them all, and some several times. I'm on my third spider pen. My recommendation: Buy an alpha reel. I have a small one I've used for about 5 years without replacing. The secret is in the way it's made - the thread is accessible from the outside and is not stuck inside a plastic tube. When the thread breaks, you simply grab the end of the thread and poke it through a small hole and you're back in business. The Alpha reel is the only reel I've used on a continuous basis.
vitorrd
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of vitorrd
It sort of depends on the effect you're trying to achieve. A mechanical ITR won't be able to do the same as an electric one. That being said, I have two Venom and love them.
wyptaj
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of wyptaj
Thank you all for your help and assistance. I will be going through your suggestions and see which one works best for me.
Thanks again.
wyptaj
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of wyptaj
I've had a look at your suggestions and I love the idea of Venom, so going to invest in one ! Thank you again for all your help, like the trailer for Venom I have been looking for an ITR that won't break, easy to reset and you can do a wide variety of tricks with.
A Magic Cafe User
View Profile
New user
Princeton, NJ
63 Posts

Profile of A Magic Cafe User
Any suggestions for an ITR that is suitable for a beginner. I have a tight budget of about $25 or so. I just discovered the world of ITR's and like, so what would be a good starting place?

Thanks in advance,
-A Magic Café User

Smile
- Just my humble opinion

The more you know, the more you know - Brainpop
rriggs
View Profile
New user
La Fontaine, Indiana
21 Posts

Profile of rriggs
I like the Titan itr from Sorcery. Small for close up. Contains Vectra thread so doesn't break so easy.
A Magic Cafe User
View Profile
New user
Princeton, NJ
63 Posts

Profile of A Magic Cafe User
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2019, rriggs wrote:
I like the Titan itr from Sorcery. Small for close up. Contains Vectra thread so doesn't break so easy.

The Titan ITR (Alpha Size) seems to be good, however any suggestions for a cheaper ITR that works relatively well?

Thx
- Just my humble opinion

The more you know, the more you know - Brainpop
MateosSpain
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of MateosSpain
In therms of price : I-Boss
For practical purposes in the sense of "what if the I.T. breaks" : Venom
I say that because I put Tarantula in another category ( Electric ITR )
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
No mention of the Tarantula reel ... that surprises me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Best ITR (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL