The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Woody Aragon Penguin lecture 17. December 2017 (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
The new Penguin lecture from Woody Aragon is more than 2 hours all about stack work !
He uses not his stack Memorandum, but another stack (a very simple but effective one).
Recommended for all stack workers.
Agaton
View Profile
Loyal user
Manila
299 Posts

Profile of Agaton
That's good to hear! I'll check it out!
MorrisCH
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of MorrisCH
Does the materials he cover apply to other stack as well?
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2017, MorrisCH wrote:
Does the materials he cover apply to other stack as well?

No, the MD-tricks that he does with that stack, you can't do with Aronson or Mnemonica.
However, he does also a poker routine where he always wins and that is very strong and that is not MD related.
The stack that he uses, is simular to the new Tamariz stack and the Redford stack.
Very funny is that one of the two "spectators" that are at his table is Patrick Redford.
rjs
View Profile
Loyal user
296 Posts

Profile of rjs
Yes, the poker routine was very good.

I was also puzzled why Woody wasted precious time getting hold of, and then discarding, Patrick's deck.
This hesitation and apparent change of mind formed part of another great trick.
Huzzah
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Huzzah
I saw Woody lecture at TRICS last month and I loved it! Among the amazing effects, he had some really interesting things to say about stacks so I may have to check this lecture out
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
638 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
Hi Huzzah, you missed the workshop the day after TRICS!

I recommend anyone that has the chance to attend a workshop from Woody to do so! He showed us this 'stack', the poker routine, another 'gambler themed' routine (3 phases) that is not yet published (and he said he would publish sometime this year), and made us memorize the first 26 cards on his stack. Plus a lot of other random thoughts!!!

Marc
Woody Aragon
View Profile
New user
Spain
40 Posts

Profile of Woody Aragon
Hi guys!

Some people is asking me about the content of this Penguin Live second lecture. To avoid confusion, let me explain what it is and what is not.

As I published my -almost sold-out Smile- Memorandum book this year, and the content of the first part of the lecture is about stack, they assume is the same. It's not. I do a whole routine and explain a lots of tricks and propierties with one of the simplest stacks (the simpler in my opinion, even more than si stebbins) that allows to do almost every trick you usually can do with a memorized stack, but WITHOUT MEMORIZATION or calculation. I mean, this is not a memorized deck, and it's use is very simple.

But you can do the most of the usual memorized deck tricks with it: divination, guess any card, locate any card named, wheighing the cards, forces and predictions, poker tricks, an incredible multiple "acaan" in different decks, spellings, etc...

The stack is what is called "Faro-1" for mnemonica users, or "14/15" for most magicians. There are tons of interesting propierties there and I tried to exploit it at maximum. If you know my "Psychic Poker" from "A Book in English" or from my "At the table" lecture, you know how strong it is.

The other two parts of the lecture are an unpublished impromptu packet trick "a la Bebel" very visual and with strong structure, and my famous "Blessed Poker" routine (what I used in TV to win the national poker champion some years ago).

I hope you will like it!

Happy Christmas to everyone,

Woody
Agaton
View Profile
Loyal user
Manila
299 Posts

Profile of Agaton
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2017, Woody Aragon wrote:
Hi guys!

Some people is asking me about the content of this Penguin Live second lecture. To avoid confusion, let me explain what it is and what is not.

As I published my -almost sold-out Smile- Memorandum book this year, and the content of the first part of the lecture is about stack, they assume is the same. It's not. I do a whole routine and explain a lots of tricks and propierties with one of the simplest stacks (the simpler in my opinion, even more than si stebbins) that allows to do almost every trick you usually can do with a memorized stack, but WITHOUT MEMORIZATION or calculation. I mean, this is not a memorized deck, and it's use is very simple.

But you can do the most of the usual memorized deck tricks with it: divination, guess any card, locate any card named, wheighing the cards, forces and predictions, poker tricks, an incredible multiple "acaan" in different decks, spellings, etc...

The stack is what is called "Faro-1" for mnemonica users, or "14/15" for most magicians. There are tons of interesting propierties there and I tried to exploit it at maximum. If you know my "Psychic Poker" from "A Book in English" or from my "At the table" lecture, you know how strong it is.

The other two parts of the lecture are an unpublished impromptu packet trick "a la Bebel" very visual and with strong structure, and my famous "Blessed Poker" routine (what I used in TV to win the national poker champion some years ago).

I hope you will like it!

Happy Christmas to everyone,

Woody

Thanks for the input, Woody! I got the lecture and currently enjoying it!
Sanks
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Sanks
The poker routine is worth the money in my opinion.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Woody Aragon Penguin lecture 17. December 2017 (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL