The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Gimmicked effect for Newbie (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2017, Scott Horn wrote:
I'm looking for a gimmicked coin effect for a friend who loves magic but is NOT a magician. He is a psychologist who does a lot of work with kids of all ages and families. I've given him a D'Lite and he has fun with younger kids.

I am looking for an effect he can use with older kids and adults... Conditions:
- As self working as possible / NO sleight of hand
- Familiar props / Impromptu appearance
- Easy to carry
- As "clean" as possible in the end
- Simple reset...

Impromptu pretty much rules out anything with English Pennies. He's doing okay with the timing to make the hand-to-hand transfer with d-lites? Good for him.

There's a cute year (date) prediction trick using one gaffed coin he might like. Also some fun things you can do with a "hoo" coin (or the modern magnetic version) if he's up for that.

Still recommend that item using the dime and penny coins - that looks about as impromptu as you can get. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
There's also one with a Golden (US) Dollar and a quarter called "Vodka and Orange", but I think an English Penny is probably fine.
I think the impromptu was "not a lot of setup" as opposed to "organic", which works fine in a "I was traveling and picked up this weird foreign coin" or some such.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
If the consensus it towards this type of tick, then the Chinese Color Changing Coin should be considered. Single coin, red to blue to black and can be handed out. Reset is simple. and is a gimmick.

Some semi-sleight handling is involved, but no palming. Many story lines possible to match the news of the day about US- China relations.

Later on, if desired, he can add an Exp [ in black and really know 'em dead.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Gimmicked effect for Newbie (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL