The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Draven Reviews: MagiKub by Frederico Poeymire (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

William Draven
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas, NV
486 Posts

Profile of William Draven
Do you have some extra holiday cash burning a Ho Ho Hole in your wallet?  Want to know what you possibly missed out on this season?  Well I'm back with a special holiday edition of my Draven's Reviews to discuss whether this new batch of tricks are holiday hits, or just steaming piles of yule tide turds destined for the land of misfit magic.  So grab your eggnog, sit back, relax, and let me tell you about what's hot and maybe what's not this holiday season.Do you have some extra holiday cash burning a Ho Ho Hole in your wallet?  Want to know what you possibly missed out on this season?  Well I'm back with a special holiday edition of my Draven's Reviews to discuss whether this new batch of tricks are holiday hits, or just steaming piles of yule tide turds destined for the land of misfit magic.  So grab your eggnog, sit back, relax, and let me tell you about what's hot and maybe what's not this holiday season.

Title: MagiKub
Artist: Federico Poeymire
Producers: Murphy’s Magic
Link: Available At Your Favorite Murphy’s Magic Dealer
Demo Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9efYpvNoi-g
Retail Price: $74.95
Learning Difficulty: Easy
Length of Video: 7 Minutes (Approx.)

Boy has Rubik Cube magic been popular suddenly. Ever since Jason Brundage went on AGT everyone’s been going nuts to follow in his path with performing or releasing their take on magic with this popular children’s toy. So let’s take a look at Federico Poeymire’s MagiKub and see how it turns out.

Initially you maybe taking back by this products packaging. It’s not big. A simple black box. Murphy’s has a standard for elegance I’ve come to expect from their packaging. You flip the lid open and your instructions for online video download is right there. The video is about seven minutes long, and is bare bones about teaching the trick. You get a snappy music playing in the back ground, and subtitles explain what it is you’re doing while the hands on the screen walk you thru the motions. All in all it’s a simple trick, and shouldn’t take too long to master.

The Rubik’s Cube itself is gimmicked. You can’t let the audience examine it, unless you switch. The magic is visual, but it is angle sensitive. Great for camera work! The illusion is that the cube is mixed up, and with a simple toss, roll, or other quick movement, it is impossibly solved! Instant reset. It is possible to mix the cube up even though it’s gimmicked. So, if you’re not very good at solving these things, like I am, this is good to know.

The price point on this product though is where the real magic is! Getting someone to shell out nearly seventy-five bucks for this thing is impressive! At the current price, I’m not sure this is going to be something that is going to appeal to everyone.

Over all I guess you get what you pay for. It’s a visual illusion of an impossible solve on a puzzle cube. If you do magic with these kinds of toys already then this may appeal to you. As a stand alone trick it’s visual, but there’s not much to it. For closeup it has serious angle issues, leaving me thinking this is better played from stage.

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The three points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, and Overall Quality.

Product Quality: 7
Good prop. Expensive. Visual magic.

Teaching Quality: 8
Short and sweet. Visual. Easy to learn from.

Overall Quality: 8
A visual impossible solve to a popular kid’s toy.

Do you have a product you want reviewed? Want to see if it will stand up to the Draven Seal of Approval? Contact me directly at thewilliamdraven@gmail.com to find out how your product could be on the next Draven Reviews! Don't forget to like my blog where all my reviews are posted at www.williamdraven.wordpress.com.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
I can't agree with you on this one. Crappy product, way too expensive, meh meh meh !
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Draven Reviews: MagiKub by Frederico Poeymire (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL