The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » New Coinmagic video posted at www.coinvanish.com (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
For those who watch the coin magic video streams I put up, I just added a new video called "Three Way Crossing"

It is a coins across routine I have been working on. The focus of this routine was to be able to show both hands at the same time before any coin fly. (Usually in a coins across routine you can only show one hand, because one is dirty in some way).

Let me know what you think.

Its in the videos section of my website link below.

Enjoy,

Dan
Click to visit:
Jaime Pirnie
View Profile
New user
Tracy, CA
65 Posts

Profile of Jaime Pirnie
Heh, pretty cool videos. Thanks for posting them. Three Way Crossing was a neat effect.
-Jaime
mambra
View Profile
New user
Milano (Italy)
66 Posts

Profile of mambra
Hi.

Wonderful job, Dan, as usual...!!!

I am working on a coin across routine using a shell, in order to accomplish the same target. Actually, I cannot show both hands at ANY passage.

But I think (and I will be wrong as usual) that you are maing an extensive use of the back clip. In that case, do not you think the routine will have many bad angles? Anyhow, back clip is far out of my skill... :-((

Stefano

Stefano Mambretti
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I am duly impressed, that is a great routine. You've got me stumped on the last coin. Excellent work, Dan!
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
Well done, great routine! I guess you can only do this one on one Smile
Bernard Sim
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Thanks for the compliments all.

Stefano - I won't confirm or deny any of the methods yet - I'll probably release the work sometime down the road. But regarding you comments on back clipping, it does not have many bad angles - it has one bad angle, which is it cannot be viewed from a distance. For all intents and purposes it has the same angle considerations as Tenkai pinch for those who use that concealment.

Bernard - I guess your comment is assuming back clipping as well - you can use back clipping routines with more than just one person. You just generally have to be standing with people close to you.

I saw Paul Cummins do his back clip routines surrounded by guys at a lecture. I never caught any flash at any time.

Dan
Click to visit:
Tony
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
303 Posts

Profile of Tony
Dan,

That last move is a killer!

Regards,
Tony
Ryan
View Profile
New user
Calgary
89 Posts

Profile of Ryan
Pretty impresive routine. Are those Twonies your using??

Also wondering about your mussle pass video. I showed a friend the video and he doesn't belive that you are using a mussle pass becuase the coins apear to be traveling to slowly, are you indeed using the mussle pass?
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Good work, Dan. Nice combination of technique and gimmick. That last coin is tough one to figure out. Is there a name for that last steal(I'm assuming), or is that specific move your creation?
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
PRmagic
View Profile
New user
Bronx NY
50 Posts

Profile of PRmagic
That was really good. Question:whats a black clip?
Be Curious
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Ryan,

I am using Kennedy half dollars, and yes that is a muscle pass. I just watched the video again looking at the speed of the coin and did not notice any difference from real life. Is the video stream fully buffering on your computer? I am using a silver dollar which is traveling about a foot or so. As the coin rises, gravity slows it down, and I am catching the coin pretty much at its highest point; where it is about to stop and fall downward again. If I brought my hands closer - the coin would appear to travel faster because it does not have the time and distance deaccelerate as much. I was going for height not speed here Smile

Platt there is a name for what I do on the last coin, though the name a descriptive one that tips what I am doing. The actual move is not original with me - though I have to go re-read it to see if the application I use is different. I will do that tonight.

PR - a back clip is concealing a coin clipped between your fingers on the back side of your hand. Look in the first chapter of Bobo's for an example.
Click to visit:
wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
589 Posts

Profile of wayman
Dan just PM'd you

Let me know if I was right.
wert
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of wert
Quote:
On 2002-07-11 12:52, Platt wrote:
Good work, Dan. Nice combination of technique and gimmick. That last coin is tough one to figure out. Is there a name for that last steal(I'm assuming), or is that specific move your creation?
I could be wrong, but Dan's last steal looks very close to a steal I read about in a "three across" routine in Bannons Impossibilia book. If it isn't that steal, then it certainly looks like it! Smile
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Hey Wert, I am not familiar with that referece send me a PM on it with some more detail.

BTW - I just re-shot the video to make it look more like how I would do it for people (it is supposed to be done standing). It is still hard to mis-direct a camera, but I think the re-shoot shows the routine as it is supposed to look a little better than the old footage. Take another look and let me know if you concur.

Dan
Click to visit:
ChessMess
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of ChessMess
Superb Dan! I love all your videos (saved them locally for multiple viewing) but my favorite is the Coinvanish Trio.

I'm new to coin magic and hope to one day have as much skill and grace as you have!

Keep up the great work! And more videos! Even on old routines or bits, they are a joy to watch!
gmartins
View Profile
New user
Portugal
88 Posts

Profile of gmartins
Dan, the routine it's excelent. Very direct and looks very clean. The last move killed me when I first saw it! Smile
Great job.
Gonçalo Martins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » New Coinmagic video posted at www.coinvanish.com (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL