The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anyone interested in trivia? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
I've always enjoyed quizzes and games, but I've never really taken them seriously. However, I am a little bit inclined of late to start memorizing a few lists, dates, facts etc, for reasons of personal gratification.

Does anyone do that kind of stuff here? How hard/easy have you found it?
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
I love trivia.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
No Googling: What year did Trivial Pursuit come out?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Let me be more specific: when did the form of the board game released by Selchow and Righter appear in the US market?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
1982?

For the record I now Googled it after I answered.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3174 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
I’m thinking late 60’s. Final answer 1969.

Tom
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
Dunno. I'll guess, 1987.
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1366 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
I remember playing it in 1983. But I will go with Danny saying 1982.
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
I'll say 81
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
I won't post the answer here so people can still play if they want. Of course, y'all can Google to see how close you came...
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I love really obscure stuff. In the 30's, there were two radio adventure shows. They were produced by the same company and the producers decided the two characters, despite being separated by many years and miles, were related! Today, the rights are owned by different people, so the relation can't be referred to.

Who were they and what was the relation?
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2018, ed rhodes wrote:
I love really obscure stuff. In the 30's, there were two radio adventure shows. They were produced by the same company and the producers decided the two characters, despite being separated by many years and miles, were related! Today, the rights are owned by different people, so the relation can't be referred to.

I'm thinking the Lone Ranger and the Green Hornet.

I cannot recall exactly, but Britt Reid was something like the Lone Ranger's grandnephew or great-grandnephew.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2018, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2018, ed rhodes wrote:

I'm thinking the Lone Ranger and the Green Hornet.

I cannot recall exactly, but Britt Reid was something like the Lone Ranger's grandnephew or great-grandnephew.

You called it, grandnephew. Dan Reid was the nephew of the Lone Ranger, his son Britt, would go on to be the Green Hornet. (BOTH of whom need a decent modern movie!)
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anyone interested in trivia? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL