The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mindful Magic Lecture Notes (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Dear Colleagues

I have a 60 page set of lecture notes from Doomsday 2017 and The Magic Circle 2017 with the following contents:

Introduction .................................................................................................................... 1
Part I: Designing Mentalism Stage Shows ............................................................... 1
Structure and Outline ........................................................................................................... 1
Theme and Effects .................................................................................................................. 2
Pre-show, Show and Post-show.......................................................................................... 3
Music and PowerPoint .......................................................................................................... 4
Prop Placement and Use ...................................................................................................... 5
Audience Management ......................................................................................................... 7

Part II: Close-Up Mindfulness ...................................................................................10
D = MC2 ....................................................................................................................................10
The Effect ........................................................................................................................................................ 10
Arcanum .......................................................................................................................................................... 17
Tempus Incognito ................................................................................................................20
Effect ................................................................................................................................................................. 20
Arcanum .......................................................................................................................................................... 23

Part III: SUBVERSION ..................................................................................................25
The Show ................................................................................................................................25
The Power of Subversives ..................................................................................................28
Free Will ................................................................................................................................. 30
Leviathan ................................................................................................................................30
Surrealism ..............................................................................................................................31
The Veil of Ignorance Revisited .......................................................................................33
Predictions .............................................................................................................................35
Psychic Perfect Pitch ...........................................................................................................36

Part IV: The Box ...........................................................................................................39
Passport ........................................................................................................................................................... 41
Boots Pharmacy .......................................................................................................................................... 42
Steampunk Titanic ..................................................................................................................................... 42
The Great Exhibition ................................................................................................................................. 45

Part V:

These notes cover show design, audience management, etc, as well as a full discussion of my show SUBVERSION.

They also include close up Mentalism effects, multiple routines for the Chameleon Chest, and my stage effect Alienism, which is a psychological profiling murder mystery based on Caleb Carr's wonderful novel The Alienist.

My question is: would folks like this as a PDF or hard copy book?

Best wishes

Todd
ThomasIndigo
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of ThomasIndigo
I personally would prefer a pdf for this sort of content. Sounds like fantastic material!

Best,
Tom Indigo
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2017 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Todd:

I'd vote for the hard copy but, as a suggestion-- like V2 and several other projects, some authors or publishers are making a book available to people in either format.

George
barneyfife
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of barneyfife
Owning two of your previous books in hard copy, I do enjoy reading them,but I also own several books as PDFs
Always in motion is the future
clairvoyant
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of clairvoyant
I'd prefer it as a hard copy book.
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Many thanks. I'd like to (1) keep the many colour photos of stage sets, etc, and (2) keep the production costs low.....Lulu seems quite expensive fior anything involving colour...
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
My suggestion would be to offer both.

Personally, I much prefer real books. Apart from the ease of picking them up and dipping into them at random, and also (sometimes) being able to find what I'm looking for more easily, hard copy books tend to hold their value or appreciate as they go out of print. A pdf has no resale value unless you're a pirate.

Barry
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2018, mindmagic wrote:
My suggestion would be to offer both.

Personally, I much prefer real books. Apart from the ease of picking them up and dipping into them at random, and also (sometimes) being able to find what I'm looking for more easily, hard copy books tend to hold their value or appreciate as they go out of print. A pdf has no resale value unless you're a pirate.

Barry

Many thanks Barry.

I can offer this version: http://www.lulu.com/shop/todd-landman/mi......832.html
And this one: http://www.lulu.com/shop/todd-landman/mi......865.html

Cheers

Todd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mindful Magic Lecture Notes (6 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL