The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » You only have time for one effect per-table FOR CHILDREN..what is it ? (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
rhone
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of rhone
Unless it's a kids restaurant , my material is always for the parents but if the kids are under 6 I make them laugh (squeeze the food ..) and if they 're 7 to 12 years I make them participate to the tricks as assistant.
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
My favorite is Al Goshman's sponge bunnies. They are the older ones with short ears. Some years ago Morrissey Magic told me that they were been discontinued. I bought quite a few set to put aside and I'm glad I did. I do find the shorter ears are easier to handle.
Tricky Ricky.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Silk TT routine.
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2536 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Torn & Restored Cigarette Paper.
Barry Allen

Over 14 years have passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
My vote goes to sponge balls.
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
Avocat
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Avocat
I've posted about this elsewhere but it bears repeating because it's worth performing

I used to do a ballroom-sized walkaround pre-show (meaning the audience was already there for magic and there were lots of kids) with just a SuperSharpie and a Post-It pad

For each kid, I'd write a number and tell them to "throw up fingers." Whatever number they showed, they'd be right!

For a simple effect, it got astounding reactions (astounding to me, that is). The kids "got it" right away, and their reactions delighted their parents too.

Curtis Kam explained it best: kids aren't necessarily impressed by the adult doing magic or reading minds - for all they know, adults just have that power naturally. But the kids know that they, themselves, do NOT have the power to read a grown-up's mind, so they're astonished to be proven right.

That's a lot of mileage to get out of office products (since any SG will do, obviously).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » You only have time for one effect per-table FOR CHILDREN..what is it ? (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL