The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Chrome!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Josho
View Profile
Special user
Albany, New York
758 Posts

Profile of Josho
I was surprised to see that this wasn't a hot topic here yet, but...Qualatex Chrome 260x!

Have you SEEN these? They are fantastic. I just got a few bags in a couple of days ago and I'm majorly impressed.

These are so metallic-looking that the so-called "metallic" lines that Qualatex and Betallatex already have are instantly obsolete. The Chrome line (which is currently of six colors: gold, silver, blue, green, mauve, and purple) are so shiny you can actually see your reflection in them -- and they are not the least bit transparent. They're almost as good as double-stuffed.

They inflate and twist just like standard 260s.

LA Rocks' site for them (they go in and out of stock very quickly, they're still VERY much in demand): https://www.larocksmagic.com/SearchResul......&Submit=

Here's Anthony Lena twisting a VERY cool laser gun with Chrome 260s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lsa9WaEl18E&t=1s

They're a bit more expensive than regular 260Qs, but for the right figures, there is simply no beating them.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Do they really twist like the regulars?

The metallic and pearl are tiring on the hands after a while.

When I get back to NYC, I'm going to get some.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Josho
View Profile
Special user
Albany, New York
758 Posts

Profile of Josho
They might be a tiny bit stiffer, because they obviously have to be thicker to be this opaque and brilliant, but I don't really notice the difference. I suppose if I was twisting for an hour, I might start to feel it.
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Wow! those look great!
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
So I've had these for a month now and I have mixed feelings, mostly good.

The colors are fantastic, they feel like no other balloon, are easy to twist, and are a full 60". Black and red asap please.

On the other hand they're a little fragile, and tend to develop slow leaks, especially at connection points where many balloons intersect. You have to twist them with greater care. At least I do.
They don't shock twist well, which can be a bit of a pain.
Also, when using a hand pump, each pump of air leaves a waviness in the balloon. The Lagenda leaves them a little soft for my taste.

The pros far out weigh the cons though. A lot of sculptures look much better because of the color and the texture. The kids LOVE them, and the length is VERY useful.

One weird benefit for me is adding six new colors to my apron caused it to explode; so now I have to re-think my set-up.
With all the new balloons coming out, an apron just can't cut it anymore. Smile
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
alergy
View Profile
New user
Derby, UK
25 Posts

Profile of alergy
My Supplier [www.balloonartwholesale.co.uk] ran out of the Green Chrome just before St Patricks Day
...Who would have guessed...
Anyway, I proceeded to stuff Silver chromes into Qualatex Emerald greens

I consistently had 6 fingers of the Chrome to spare, unable to put it all in. Ended up cutting it off, and utilised the extra length for other embellishments

So in summary
Proper full length. 8 Petal flowers are achievable, so you can have your chrome 11" to make your metal octopi
When will the 160s and 350s appear?
There is an appetite for them. No news on the Qualatex websites at present Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Chrome!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL