The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Just got my Kamillion Koins, but... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jay
View Profile
Elite user
Northern New Jersey
406 Posts

Profile of Jay
When the koins are in 'ready-to-perform' set-up, i.e. green/pink and pink/green, are the gimmicks supposed to be really loose? That is, if I were to turn the koins over without supporting the bottoms, are they supposed to be able to fall right off? I ask this because I just got mine today from an eBayer who said they were new, and they certainly do look it. I was just surprised that the thin parts are not at all m*******. Once the trick is done, they sure do stick well, and can be examined without any fear. It's just that beginning part I might need to worry about. If you guys say that this is normal, then I guess I could just work on the handling to be nice and slow and sure that the piece is in the right place. If this is not normal, well then, I shall contact the fellow who sold it to me and inquire accordingly.

Thanks, Jay Smile
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Yes, If they are too tight or sticky, the "gimmick" will not operate properly. Please note the oil from your hand will also make them sticky so clean them periodically. As long a the gimmicks are not loose in the finish position, you have a good set.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Riff is right--that's how it works. You want them to come off easily.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Lonnie Dilan
View Profile
Special user
Canyon Country, California
823 Posts

Profile of Lonnie Dilan
kamillion koins are fun, but if I remember correctly you can actually handle them in the get ready position without the plates falling off.

I'll have to check my set out tonight. It's been a few years since I have messed with them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Just got my Kamillion Koins, but... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL