The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Ted (Suds) Sudbrack Handkerchief in a bag routine (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

montygoodrum
View Profile
New user
Texas
52 Posts

Profile of montygoodrum
A few years ago I had the pleasure of seeing "Suds" do a lecture in Florida. At that time he did a really fun and cute routine with two colored handkerchiefs in a small bag...his routine was something about the yellow one turned into the blue and vise versa. At the end of the routine he pulled out a large 8 foot Magic wand. I have always had this fun bit in the back of my head...but I can not for the life of me remember the routine that he did with the handkerchiefs. Has anyone seen this awesome routine performed by "Suds" and if so, could you share what you remember about it. I really hope someone can help me remember this fun routine. Thanks so much.
Monty Goodrum
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
It sounds a bit like "Spotty the Dog" in which a black handkerchief and a white handkerchief are placed into a cloth bag, and the magician claims they reversed colors inside the bag. Then he claims to have caused spots to appear on the handkerchiefs, but black spots on the black handkerchief and white spots on the white handkerchief suspiciously look like nothing at all has changed. His final attempt causes white spots to appear on the black handkerchief and black spots to appear on the white handkerchief, which gets mild applause. Then he claims one of the spots is missing, and when he turns the bag inside dot, the bag turns into a dog hand puppet, named "Spot." This is one of the effects included in Spellbinder's "Tote Bag Change Bag" in our Dollar Store Magic Book One at The Magic Nook. There was also a version of this which used red and white handkerchiefs, which caught the "measles" and the bag turns into a puppet with the measles. Does any of that refresh your memory?
montygoodrum
View Profile
New user
Texas
52 Posts

Profile of montygoodrum
Thanks jimgerrish for your reply. I just can't remember how "Suds" ended his routine, before the appearance of the big wand. You are correct, it did use two blue and two yellow handkerchiefs..but cant' remember what he did at the end.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Ted (Suds) Sudbrack Handkerchief in a bag routine (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL