The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Ideas for card tricks that use a one-way mirror? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Hi folks,

Inspired by some ideas in Cushing Stout's book, On the Other Side of the Mirror, I bought a 2 x 4 inch sample, a one-way mirror (also called "two-way mirror" -- go figure). It's sitting in one of my boxes of Delightful Magical Implements, waiting for me to find a use for it. The mirror isn't big enough to hide a poker- or bridge-size card, but a miniature card fits under it comfortably. Can anyone direct me to close-up card routines that use such mirrors?

The basic idea is that the mini-card, perhaps a replica of a selection, would remain unseen until a strong light was shined on it. But what throws me is that such mirrors are well-known among the public, and I'm trying to figure out a way to make the appearance of the card (or other small piece of card or paper that's somehow relevant to the plot) look really magical. It would be very cool if I could make the card materialize gradually, but I have no idea how to do that. I'm imagining lowering the lights in the room where I'm performing and using candle-light to supplement the room lights.

Thanks for any ideas people can offer.

Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Ideas for card tricks that use a one-way mirror? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL