The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 1in52.0 Hands Off Card Mentalism (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2018, pegasus wrote:
You can do this exact effect with a Svengali. I do it all the time.

So you borrow a shuffled Svengali deck and do it. WOW impressive.
Smile
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2019, acesover wrote:
Quote:

Smile

I don’t buy effects that I can already do with my own deck, in the hope that I’m gonna bump into someone that’s got their own deck with them. YMMV. Enjoy your retirement. Thanks.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2019, acesover wrote:
Quote:

Smile

I don’t buy effects that I can already do with my own deck, in the hope that I’m gonna bump into someone that’s got their own deck with them. YMMV. Enjoy your retirement. Thanks.

I am only pointing out that you criticized this effect and said you could do it with your own deck (Svengali deck) however you can only do one of the effects with your OWN DECK. You obviously cannot do it with a borrowed shuffled deck as you could with a Svengali deck. I just felt your criticism was unjustified just because you figured out ONE PART of said effect. Remember it states that it can be done with a BORROWED SHUFFLED DECK. Which means no gimmick ed deck such as a Svengali Deck. BORROWED being the keyword. Just saying. I feel you spoke a little to harshly. Probably not your attention. No harm no foul. Definitely enjoying my retirement. Hope you can do the same some time. Enjoy
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
You were not pointing out, you were taking the p@@@. And well done for pointing it out a year later. (Clapping hands)
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2019, pegasus wrote:
You were not pointing out, you were taking the p@@@. And well done for pointing it out a year later. (Clapping hands)

Wow not sure what the "yellow letters" mean. I did not know there was a stature of limitation on time as when one can respond to a post. Having said that, some individuals cannot take constructive criticism. You obviously are one of those. Calm down sir it is only a Magic Forum on the internet.

Thank you for your compliment with the (clapping hands). BTW everything I do is well done, except for my steak. I want it rare. Smile

Just an addendum: I have been doing magic for over 50 years as an amateur for friends and family along with civic and religious organizations. As such I and am well aware of how said trick could be accomplished with said deck. However I do not have to show and tell others how clever I am.

I commend the gentlemen for his thinking as a magician and coming up with this effect along with doing it with a borrowed and shuffled deck.

Seems like you enjoy tooting your own horn. To each his own. I no longer wish to engage you on this topic. I believe we all know where we stand. Enjoy your magic. There is nothing better for this forum then constructive posts. Enjoy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 1in52.0 Hands Off Card Mentalism (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL