The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Candy box illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

academy
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of academy
Hello I'm looking for this candy box illusion. Does anyone know if it is available for sale?

https://youtu.be/u8chgjKrv0I

Regards
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
It's not about the box; it's about the effect: changing individual candies into a candy necklace.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
This is a very nice dressing up of what I am thinking is similar to "Beads of Prussia" or "Enchanted Necklace," I could be wrong. But the OP asked a legitimate question, not withstanding the emphasis on the box. So, any others?
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
The effect of "individual candies to a candy necklace" is one part of our "Holiday Candy Box" routine from our Mini-Mysteries Book 3 at The Magic Nook. The main trick, the "Holiday Candy Box," is based on the "Bean Box" by Stillwell, and the "Mean Bean Machine" by U.F. Grant. But the necklace doesn't work as well with beans as it does with individually wrapped candies. Our instructions caution the dangers of giving a necklace of any type to a child and describes how to make the candy necklace with a safety break-away feature to prevent accidental strangulation.
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of academy
Here is the holyday candy box by Jim Gerrish

https://vimeo.com/57919346

As you can see there are no similarities with the discussed illusion apart from using candies.
The candy box illusion allows you to switch a bowl with another one.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2018, academy wrote:
Here is the holyday candy box by Jim Gerrish

https://vimeo.com/57919346

As you can see there are no similarities with the discussed illusion apart from using candies.
The candy box illusion allows you to switch a bowl with another one.

The video was intended to show only the "Bean Box" principle that allows the candy container to be used with a cell phone vanish and reappearance. The details of the "Beads of Prussia" trick under discussion (in the original trick, a handful of beads and a piece of string are swallowed and brought out strung), as it relates to turning individual candies to a candy necklace, is described in the e-Book as an enhancement to developing a full stage ROUTINE with our Holiday Candy Box, and therefore it is not shown in the video. Academy has not bought, and therefore never read, the e-Book we publish on the subject, but is going only by what he sees in the video.

The point is, you don't need a box to perform the trick which originally was performed by sleight of hand. The mere presence of all those individually wrapped candies in any box, bowl, plastic bag or other container makes the switch (of candies and necklace, not the bowl) imperceptible. So, we figured, why not combine the two tricks into one routine?
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
With nothing else forthcoming, I watched the video again (this time from a magician's perspective) and the simple method can be easily spotted, but the staging, smooth handling and colorful box of candy along with the misdirection of the conversation with the little girl make it a nice little routine. I wouldn't think anyone owns the "rights" to this, so I'm assuming one could make it him/herself.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
The "Beads of Prussia" trick was first reported as introduced to the West by "Those Superior Indian Jugglers from Seringapatam" soon after their arrival in London in late 1815. Ramo Samee, a former member of that Indian Muslim troupe, was performing it in England on his own after 1818 and introduced it to the USA in 1819. This, however, is NOT the Beads of Prussia, but only a look-alike. It is the EFFECT of the Beads of Prussia, but with a simple sleight of hand solution. So the only way to be able to perform it is to make it yourself. I explain all of this in the Holiday Candy Container e-Book, along with techniques that can be used to facilitate it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Candy box illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL