The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » How to get new password » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Hello Steve, Dave, Gene, Mary, etc., (grin)

I recently changed my password to a real esoteric password...and now I can neither remember it nor can I find it on the piece of paper upon which I I wrote it down. I addition, I cannot find a way to create a new password without first entering my existing password...even though I am currently online on the Café!

Most sites have a "Forgot your UserID?" and a "Forgot your password?" options where you click on the option you want...and the site sends the solution or a temporary link to your current email address...and you are back in business. I cannot seem to find any such options on the Café, nor can I create a new password without first entering in my existing password.

I'm afraid that I'm going to lose both my user history of over 3,000 posts and my ability to enter back into the Café if, for some reason, I need to reenter both my user name (Turk) and my password (which I cannot remember).

Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Mike, log out of the Café then go back to the log in screen. Enter your ID and under that, you'll see the option that says "lost password". Click on that and a temporary password will be sent to you. Just follow the instructions in the email you receive. Once reclogged in with the temporary password, you can change it to whatever you want.
Where the magic begins
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Thanks Dave.

BTW, Is my ID, my online user name (i.e., Turk), or is it my email address? I'm really apprehensive bvecause, while I am currently signed in, If IO log out and then try to reenter, I don't want to have to start over with a new Café name and zero posts.

BTW, without signing out, if I go to my "edit my profile", can I attempt to enter many password attempts without penalty (i.e., getting kicked out after three unsuccessful attempts, etc.)?

Thanks again Dave.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Mike, your Café ID is Turk, not your email address. Since you are logged in already, you must be using the "keep me logged in" feature of the Café which isn't available any longer. There is no penalty for trying multiple passwords if you want to just experiment until you come up with the existing password. I would suggest rather than taking that approach, you just log out. Go to the log in screen and enter the ID Turk and click on lost password. Be sure the email address in your profile is still correct as a password is going to be sent to that address.

BTW, you won't lose your existing posts.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » How to get new password » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL