The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Deck switches (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stevious
View Profile
New user
Poland
80 Posts

Profile of Stevious
Hello
Do you think it is possible to get away with 2 simple deck switches which go like this:

Invisible deck is produced from an apparently empty bag, chosen card is shown reversed, the deck is then put away into a suitcase.

A few other effects are performed, including e.g. silks, water. Then at the end I go back to the cards, casually picking up a different deck from the suitcase. I use a stacked deck to guess cards hidden in sb's pockets, after the cards are hidden by the spectator I casually put the whole deck into my pocket as it is no longer necessary. After revelation I take out a different deck from my pocket and do one more effect.

I think I might even use a pocket switch twice because of the time lapse, but it is too much in one pocket to carry around. I know that I could use a table with a hidden pocket to drop one or something sneaky, but I want this to be flexible.
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
I think you could get away with both of these. But some further ideas..

Make it appear like you never put the ID away. Perform the switch as you get a prop out of your table and then place the deck (presumably the same deck) down somewhere visibly. Similar thoughts could be applied to the second switch as well.

If you don't have Shawn Farquhars' work on his deck switch... you really need to get it. It's on his Penguin Lecture. I think it's also taught with his "Ultimate Invisible Deck"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Deck switches (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL