The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Scotch and Soda (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Walking Bob
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Walking Bob
A few years back a Café Member (I think Bill Palmer) sent me a nice routine for an ungaffed Scotch and Soda.

Bill if you read this post please PM me.

Thanks in advance and have a great day,

Walking Bob in Iowa
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
From another site, Bill's websites are down and it may be a while before he responds. Rarely on the Café any more.

try billpalmer.com
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2018, funsway wrote:
From another site, Bill's websites are down and it may be a while before he responds. Rarely on the Café any more.

try billpalmer.com

That's such a shame Bill was a great asset to the Café I remember him fondly.
Walking Bob
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Walking Bob
Thanks for the info.

Just received what I was looking for from Bill.

Have a great day,

Walking Bob in Iowa
Why.So.Serious?
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Why.So.Serious?
So what is the routine called? If you don’t mind me asking. Thanks
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I don't know if Bill Palmer gave it a name, but it was a S&S in effect.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I think he referred to it as his "Ungaffed or Gaffless" Scotch & Soda.

I remember it and his wonderful generosity in making it available to any that wanted it. It's a nice routine on the old classic, and that it came from such a magical gentleman as Bill Palmer, well, that made it even more special to me and probably to many.

Hope he is good. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
That S&S routine also led to the development of the PalmerClip -- a sleight I now use in dozens of effects

My crippled fingers couldn't do Bill's effect as described, so I found a different way ...
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1261 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
"What This Country Needs is a Good 85 Cent Scotch and Soda"

That's the title it had when Bill Palmer sent the routine to me . . . dear lord! . . . 13 years ago. Incredibly generous of him.

I also hope he's well.

Later,

D
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I too appreciate Bill's generosity, and his depth of understanding.

Clarioneer, A Café member, at least at the time, came up with a very simple way to replace the main sleight in Bill's method.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
TheGladsomeBeast
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of TheGladsomeBeast
Hello All,

Does anyone know if Bill's ungaffed version is available anywhere? I tried to PM him on here but it said he was not accepting "non-reply" PMs at the time. I would love to learn this effect as I have heard amazing things about it. Even just last night I was at the Magic Castle and someone mentioned how they were absolutely blown away by his version of this classic. Any and all help is appreciated Smile thank you.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
The old address for Bill was curator@cupsandballsmuseum.com

might still work

TheGladsomeBeast
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Thank you Funsway, Bill was kind enough to respond to the email I sent him and sent me his routine. I can't wait to work on it Smile thanks again for your help.
TheGladsomeBeast
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Update, I have been working on this for a couple weeks and absolutely love this effect Smile thanks Bill, and the people who pointed me to Bill for providing me with such a wonderful gaffless version of this trick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Scotch and Soda (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL