The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » New magician student, Tendrecube's doppelgänger? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

deanpickles
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of deanpickles
I'm a 44-year-old gent, studying magic at the castle. Love the card magic, but need a lot of work on my cardistry -- a shrinking proportion of my shuffles still end with a 52-card pickup -- and am eager to get deeper into mentalism.

Anyone have recommendations of best mentalist books? I'm assuming Practical Modern Mentalism and The Jinx, both of which have been ordered, but other suggestions? Also, any good General History Primers? (I'm *loving* Hiding the Elephant, which I'm halfway thru.)
deanpickles
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of deanpickles
Oh, re "Tendrecube's doppelgänger" -- same age and also was drawn to magic for my anxiety. I'm sure we look nothing alike. But my anxiety is far too long and deep a topic to dive into here. (Plus, why on earth would my anxiety drive me a desire to perform on the Palace of Prestidigitation's stage? Aish!)
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome deanpickles.

I know from experience that picking up cards is good exercise (especially when you do it a lot).

I have a curious interest in card jugglery. It can also be relaxing once you get the hang of it.

Oh yeah, you can also use cards for Magic tricks. (I've heard some people even play games with them.)

-Mary Mowder
Tendrecube
View Profile
New user
Brussels
3 Posts

Profile of Tendrecube
Cards and coins will be our lost on here........
Welcome dean
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » New magician student, Tendrecube's doppelgänger? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL