The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Seer Deck by Liam Montier and BBM (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2018, JamieD wrote:
I have had the joy of having one of these for a few days now. I will say, I am somewhat prejudice because I absolutely love Liams work. Liams knowledge and passion for magic is unprecedented. He has an incredible way of turning not only mediocre effects and turning them into someone exquisite, but, in the case of the Seer Deck, he’s great at taking a classic and injecting some Liam thinking to make it even better than before. I think sometimes, its very easy to overlook the power of classic effects and now days we strive for the next “clever method” without appreciating the impact of what we already hove just because the method is commonplace. What Liam is great at is reviving said methods and making them modern and feel new again.

So onto the Seer, deck. You receive a specially produced deck and a small booklet which gives you a “Quick Shoot” guide to the deck as well as a link to your instructions. I think, it’s obvious by now, the production value from BBM products is brilliant. We don’t have to worry about production value at all. It is brilliant as always.

The deck itself is superbly made as expected and functions brilliantly. You are supplied with several other cards for part of the routine which is a nice touch!

The effect itself is fantastic. Being able to freely spread the deck is an absolute god send to anyone who wants to use this kind of effect in a walk around situation. You can spread this, and it doesn’t have to be a quick, spread and then gather situation. The masking of the method is beautiful and fills me with absolutely confidence. The fact here, you have a deck that handles pretty much like a regular deck and can perform some incredible feats of mentalism is great. Fantastic for a tossed out deck style routine and now a close up version too!

I think, this is a brilliants little effect and received great reactions. It is pretty much what you’d expect and does exactly what it says on the tin. Its one ill be using at residencies to reveal thought of cards!

My only hope is that BBM and Liam release a supplementary product in the near future with added routines and ideas with the deck because I for one would love to see more of the Montier Magic injected into this deck.

Jamie Daws

Thanks for this positive description, I don't have to read any more in this thread, the product video has convinced me too.
Maybe there are better versions but for me as a beginner most of Liam's card tricks have been easy to digest.
I also appreciate his small booklets with a written description in addition to his well done videos.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Seer Deck by Liam Montier and BBM (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL