The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » The Four Most Famous Escape Artists of All Time. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicusb
View Profile
Inner circle
1135 Posts

Profile of magicusb
The Four Most Famous Escape Artists of All Time. There are no locks or shackles made that can keep these escape artists restrained. Strength, flexibility, patience, a steady hand, and a flair for showmanship — these are the hallmarks of any good escape artist. The practice of “escapology” has been a source of entertainment since the 1860s, and it’s still popular today, continuing to baffle awed spectators wondering just how somebody could get out of these seemingly inescapable traps. As you might expect, escapology has evolved significantly over the years. Handcuffs and straitjackets were favorite tools used by many of the great escape artists, but as the popularity of the stunts grew, so did the demand for more sensational — and dangerous — performances. Read on to see how the most famous escape artists of all time raised the stakes.

http://www.lockbustersnyc.com/2018/03/po......ll-time/
Check out http://HoudiniOpoly.com

Houdini Museum Tour & Magic Show.
Only building in the world dedicated to Houdini.
http://Houdini.org
http://HoudiniDisplays.com
http://PsychicTheater.com
Scranton, Pa (570) 342-5555
"The truth shall make you free, but first it will make you angry." -Robert Ingersoll-Atheist (on the mind of Houdini when he died.)

We are thrilled we were able to bring The Grim Game to the world! Thanks TCM.
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
751 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
Well, I guess that we'll just have to take the word of that NYC locksmithing business - and their vast knowledge of Escapology History - for compiling their List of the "Most Famous Escape Artists of ALL TIME".

Wow, I guess that performers such as: Randi, Hardeen, Cunning, Manzini, Bigelow, Baker, Gunnarson, Dill-Russell, Viano, Trudel, Griffin, Timo T., Shirk etc, etc....all sucked and/or achieved very little fame in their day.

Thanks for setting us all straight!

However, it is a nice PR piece for those naive & gullible.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2018, Moxahalla wrote:
Well, I guess that we'll just have to take the word of that NYC locksmithing business - and their vast knowledge of Escapology History - for compiling their List of the "Most Famous Escape Artists of ALL TIME".

Wow, I guess that performers such as: Randi, Hardeen, Cunning, Manzini, Bigelow, Baker, Gunnarson, Dill-Russell, Viano, Trudel, Griffin, Timo T., Shirk etc, etc....all sucked and/or achieved very little fame in their day.

Thanks for setting us all straight!

However, it is a nice PR piece for those naive & gullible.

It's not THE Greatest Moxahalla ... its the "FOUR best".

Sounds like it's not worth looking at though ... when you put it like that?
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:

No disrespect to Roslyn ... but I would not put him in the top 4. And that's not because he is rubbish ..... But because I have seen others who are better.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Look, the main problem with picking these four, or any four is that we all have our niche.

Roslyn has his, Santini has his, Dorothy has hers, Houdini had his and I have mine. Most of us probably strive to be the best at what we do. I could do a bullet catch I suppose, but I won't. It does not fit who I am. Dorothy pulled it off with poise and grace.

"we're all the best..."
- Mark Cannon
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Vashistha. The man was kept in oral tradition for at least a thousand years before writing came to his culture. His words and some escapes are remembered 4 thousand years (or more) later. He's also credited with writing some of the early Vedas.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2018, Harley Newman wrote:
Vashistha. The man was kept in oral tradition for at least a thousand years before writing came to his culture. His words and some escapes are remembered 4 thousand years (or more) later. He's also credited with writing some of the early Vedas.

So he gets your vote for in the top 4 then?
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
4K years is at least a 10X longer legacy than the rest of the list put together.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2018, Harley Newman wrote:
4K years is at least a 10X longer legacy than the rest of the list put together.

I think that puts him at no1 then!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » The Four Most Famous Escape Artists of All Time. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL