The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Don't Miss this chance! New E-book (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Tom and I were friends with Dennis Loomis for decades. It was a very productive relationship for all of us.

Whenever he was booked in Sacramento, Dennis would come to our house for dinner and an evening in Close-Up Magic performance and talk. Dennis was willing to talk handling, psychology and patter of a trick and stay focused long enough to progress to a better outcome. That is rare and we still miss those conversations.

Dennis had a lot of experience in having done touring with School Show agencies, a touring Show of his own with with a crew and several trucks, promoted shows and myriad others. Dennis would often hold forth with stories of conventions he'd gone to in his youth with Doug Henning and other famous friends, developing acts and lots of tales from the Road. Dennis was a gifted story teller and some of these stories were the stuff of legend.

Dennis was a great proponent of practice and had mentioned that he would only do a public performance of something he'd practiced 100 times (only counting the ones that went well) and make hash marks to keep track. That commitment certainly showed in his performances.

Now you all have a chance to be entertained and informed by Dennis in his own words.

Mike Close has made an Ebook to secure Dennis Loomis' amazing Legacy in Magic.

The Real Deal - A Magician Prepares is out and you owe it to yourself and your audiences to check it out.

https://tinyurl.com/ycal6gg2

-Mary Mowder
mclose
View Profile
V.I.P.
306 Posts

Profile of mclose
Thanks for posting, Mary. I think Dennis would have been delighted with the way this ebook turned out.

For stage and stand-up magicians, and for anyone who performs professionally or who is thinking of performing professionally, this book is a treasure trove of valuable information.
mclose
View Profile
V.I.P.
306 Posts

Profile of mclose
Quentin Reynolds posted this brief review on Facebook:

"I've read the first few chapters and this is a book by a working professional who did it all from stage shows to close-up.

"If you were to visit me and browse my library and would be drawn to the books by Karrell Fox, Billy McComb, Gene Anderson, Eric Lewis, and Patrick Page, then most definitely this book is for you. If you would be drawn to Ed Marlo and Larry Jennings, forget it. This is a book for working pros."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Don't Miss this chance! New E-book (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL