The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Witch effect following chicago opener... (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PASCAL
View Profile
Loyal user
France
269 Posts

Profile of PASCAL
HI ALL
Just thinking about that .

After your chicago opener routine , you have on the table a red back card and a blue back deck .
How do you use the red back card and the deck for a next routine ?

Thanks for your help and ideas .
Pascal from France
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
You don't....you just put the odd colored card away.....OR have the dupe ready and change it to the correct color, palm out the stranger and you move on.
PASCAL
View Profile
Loyal user
France
269 Posts

Profile of PASCAL
Thanks PEPKA
My question was how to use the odd colored card and the deck with a new routine....
Pascal
danaruns
View Profile
Special user
The City of Angels
808 Posts

Profile of danaruns
I'm not psychic, but I think Pepka's point was that you've just done a trick with an odd-backed card, and it's not a good idea to do another one right after that. It loses punch for both tricks. Put the card away and go on to something else.
"Dana Douglas is the greatest magician alive. Plus, I'm drunk." -- Foster Brooks
craigwest
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of craigwest
You could pick up the odd card and go into a torn and restored effect, then give it away as an impossible souvenir leaving you with with the rest of the deck to continue?
PASCAL
View Profile
Loyal user
France
269 Posts

Profile of PASCAL
I was thinking to that GRAIGWEST .Why not with the version of JC WAGNER !
Merci
PASCAL
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
I do sometimes use the odd backer again with a David Regal trick, "For Marlo"..... patter: "would this red backed queen like to be with her fellow queens or the lowly twos?" Regal's trick lends itself to having to introduce a lone odd backer; and this is why it seems to work. Lynn
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Great idea, lynn
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
Geoff Williams has a routine in Miracles for Mortals where he combines Chicago Opener and John Mendoza's Ultimate T&R Card.
langston3711
View Profile
Loyal user
Cumming, GA
218 Posts

Profile of langston3711
I saw Geoff go over this in a lecture once and it's a great idea. I use it but lately I've been using the odd card set up for either Brent Braun's Torched and Restored or Adrian Vega's Billing Card
When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable
~Teller
obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
753 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
Chicago Closer Smile
Visit my online store at http://www.obrienmagic.com/magic-shop Smile
PASCAL
View Profile
Loyal user
France
269 Posts

Profile of PASCAL
Just looked at "for marlo" from David REGAL , very nice effect !
Thanks Lynn for the idea .
Pascal
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Witch effect following chicago opener... (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL