The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Vanishing Ring Box (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

omagico
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of omagico
I've been playing with this new prop for about 2 weeks. I've come to the conclusion that I need to add a little more to the gimmick to reduce secondary sounds.

I really like the prop but that secondary sound is a dead giveaway.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so how did you reduce the noise?
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Great question. I’ve just got the box too and have come to the conclusion that due to the rattling once the ring has vanished that the box can’t be left on the spectator’s hand in the routine. This is a shame as that’s what I wanted! Hey ho.... I don’t think there is a way to eliminate the rattling, so I think it’s just a case of not doing the vanish on the spectator’s hand sadly 😢😢😢
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
sOnrisemagic
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of sOnrisemagic
I just got one as well and I’m loving practicing with it so far. I’m working on a way of doing the move simultaneously with closing the box with same hand. It’s not as hard as it sounds and in one motion you can hand the box to the spectator and with some practice they will be 100% sure that ring is in the box because you have done nothing but close it while handing it to them and have only touched it with one hand too. By utilizing proper angles,Ramsay subtlety, ect. you hand them the box with the same hand.then you will not have any rattling. You can use your phone to video yourself at the average angle and height you think your spectators eyes will be to check for anything that needs corrected.
omagico
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of omagico
I think it possible to get another layer inside to dampen the sound. I just need to try a couple of different types of materials.

It's a shame because the trailer video looks so good, but I tried it on a friend and they knew instantly where the ring was.
sOnrisemagic
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of sOnrisemagic
They knew where the ring was because of the rattle?
omagico
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of omagico
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2018, sOnrisemagic wrote:
They knew where the ring was because of the rattle?

yes. you can hear it rattle and feel the rattle when do the trick

Also very deceptive demo video. And if they spent the amount of time that they say it took to "get it right" after the 1st large version, then I'd think this type of thing would have been taken care of.

Or maybe I should have gotten the "limited edition" Red version? The there would be no rattle???
sOnrisemagic
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of sOnrisemagic
The red edition is going to be the exact same internal parts. I agree that it is too risky to have the spectator take the box, close the box, and then hold onto the box until you are ready to take it back. But if you use the box in the way I described above it gives the spectator the same perception in the end with no chance of them hearing any rattle
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Been using it in conjunction with Nic Einhorn’s Pro Flight. Great reactions
Magically,

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
sOnrisemagic
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of sOnrisemagic
Quote:
On Aug 13, 2018, simplymagicweb wrote:
Been using it in conjunction with Nic Einhorn’s Pro Flight. Great reactions

very cool! my goal is once I have interlace set up to use it together with that effect.
It’s such a great prop!
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Another handling..... Nest of Wallets placed on table. Ring box introduced. Ring vanished and ditched (into Secret Servante - sorry about the plug!) - this is really nice as you can then reproduce the ring at any time afterwards. Ring then found in nest of wallets which was in full view from the beginning.
Magically,

omagico
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of omagico
I was able to reduce the noise pretty good. I placed a small piece of sticky back velcro on the inside back of the box. (The side which the lid opens). I used the loop side of the velcro not the hook side. Seems to work fairly well.
sOnrisemagic
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of sOnrisemagic
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2018, simplymagicweb wrote:
Another handling..... Nest of Wallets placed on table. Ring box introduced. Ring vanished and ditched (into Secret Servante - sorry about the plug!) - this is really nice as you can then reproduce the ring at any time afterwards. Ring then found in nest of wallets which was in full view from the beginning.

I like the nest of wallets and secret servante combo!! Great idea.
I'm glad you found a way to get rid of the noise omagico, sounds like a good idea!
Arnaud
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Arnaud
Any willing to sell his/her Sansmind vanishing ring box? PM me here or at arnaud.van.rietschoten@gmail.com.
Sideshow Rod
View Profile
New user
Portugal
52 Posts

Profile of Sideshow Rod
As said ,you would think sansmind would have made it silent.
If anyone has one for sale then please pm me.
I’m using any ring but this seems much cleaner if the spectator can hold the box.
jtbmagic
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of jtbmagic
Also looking for one for sale. PM if anyone does Smile
George Alexander
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong / UK
71 Posts

Profile of George Alexander
Agree completely. The box is so well designed but has this major flaw... I am very surprised they overlooked it. It really is very loud!

I have put some felt/padding inside to stop the rattle.
ANDREAARMERIA
View Profile
New user
MEXICO
2 Posts

Profile of ANDREAARMERIA
IM ALSO LOOKING FOR ONE VANISHING RING FOR SALE. IF ANYONE HAS ONE AND IS WILLING TO SELL IT PLEASE PM
THANKS
Randa
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Randa
Same for me, I'm looking for a Vanishing ring for sale. PM me
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I heard that they will be making new ones to sell again soon.
Payvand Reed
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Payvand Reed
Does anyone repair broken SansMinds Vanishing Ring boxes? I wrote to SansMinds but they don’t.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Vanishing Ring Box (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL