The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Widows Gift. (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
769 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
It (sorry)
Sean Xem
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
235 Posts

Profile of Sean Xem
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2018, Christopher Gould wrote:
Like Lucian - I rarely, if ever get involved in disputes on the Café. However, on this issue I need to set the record straight for my customers, and clear up any confusion on this.

In short, Lucian has it right in the previous post.
I like to think that I am always generous with my IP's - and I actively encourage community involvement in my works, in terms of community taking a part in adding to and extending the life of these pieces, and I will always do what I can to help with this.

However, there is a line in the sand that needs to be drawn here. When I make what I call an 'Elite' item, it is sold on the understanding that this is a unique, hand crafted piece of work. Such items normally have a limited run and people buy these knowing this. I never make limited runs to drive the price up, or increase the value on the grey market. Usually, the number of a run directly relates to exhaustion on my part....but to me limited run means just that.
Anyone who has bought a CC Elite set - and hearing that I gave permission to every man and his dog to make their own sets would be justifiably annoyed. Believe me, I have been offered some serious cash to make 'just one more set' of the original CC Elites - these offers I have always turned down and always will.

So for the record. I gave permission for *owners* of the old CC 'non-elite' sets to ENHANCE the sets *they already own* - not to go into production with my IP. The only 'precedent' I set was to help people get the most out of their purchase. I think Mr Stolz is setting his own unique presidents in all else. I am aware that many could not afford the price of the Elite sets (a hand made set takes time and carries a hefty price tag). I did not want anyone to be barred from performing with their own unique set due to financial constraints. Sharing the files from the cheaper sets (which were an entirely different design from the Elite sets) seemed like a good compromise to me. I have no problems with legitimate customers enhancing their sets, and will assist them where possible.

To reassure those who have a signed and numbered copy of the Elite CC - this was NEVER done with an Elite set. If you have an authentic CC Elite set, that is EXACTLY what it should be.

So - although I do not want to contribute to a debate - I want to assure my customers - old and new - that I am a straight shooter - If I say something, I mean it. The Elite CC sets were a limited edition and I have always kept to my word on this. Furthermore, I will always be clear about what is a limited run and what is not and will keep to my word on the numbers that I make.

This is an important point for my own credibility and respect for my customers, so I would like to thank Lucian for bringing up valid points and to the person who alerted me to this thread.

Chris, your integrity always has been and always will be second to none. Thank you for chiming in and reassuring your customers of Alchemy Moon's excellence, as well as setting the record straight on this topic.
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
I'm not going anywhere, but I don't exactly have time to sit here and post reassuringly and debate with everyone in this deluge. I'll have an update Monday. Gawd, you walk out for one day and people jump to conclusions.
Cleverpaws
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
156 Posts

Profile of Cleverpaws
If it was just one day of no communication no one would be jumping to any conclusions. I sent you a PM with a suggestion and encouragement but apparently you don’t open them. My guess is because it lets the person sending know it has been read.
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
All of the Widows have been shipped.
So have all of the 13 Ghosts.
I still have a couple of unrelated items to post, but they will be taken care of shortly. If anyone would like an update on anything in particular, my email is shin.13x@hotmail.com

Despite delays, they should still all arrive before Halloween.
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
Regarding the cussing cards, the sets I created were reduced in size 10% the blessing was steel shimmed and I also created a unique 13th curse "Dreams". They cannot be mistaken for the originals except in a photo with no frame of reference.
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
Oh - that's ok then!
I am sure that everyone who paid full price for a unique numbered set of the Cuss Cards Elite from its creator will agree.
...or maybe not.
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
Chris, I have nothing but respect for you and your creations, and had I known you would have had a problem with me helping other owners protect their investment I wouldn't have.
Schaff
View Profile
New user
Fargo, ND
75 Posts

Profile of Schaff
Sadly, I’m not as eloquent as the Wizard of Oz (in the 13 ghost topic) but my Widow arrived last week and looks and works fantastic.
Mazerate
View Profile
New user
Innisfil Canada
8 Posts

Profile of Mazerate
I like the look of the routine. The choice in art has the appropriate fell. I think creating working art in a timely fashion must be challenging. The discipline it takes to properly test each piece, and co-ordinate appropriate controllers with each item while building many items can get confusing. I think with this type of artwork, one should allow the appropriate time to complete the project. Timing the making of one unit does not correlate time five (x5) when making 5 units. Further if making other items or routines, compiles the difficulty in execution.

One might require an apprentice, or several apprentices. If funds are not sufficient, then your price point should be adjusted or the required time to manufacture needs to be re-thought. This is obviously a work of passion. Having the purchaser use a deposit, to start the work, then final payment when ready with an estimate of completion. Taking on too many purchases without being able to properly execute can destroy ones credibility. Once you start to waver, it is difficult to reclaim ones position in the field.

I wish more of the makers were passionate enough to rectify problem and come through. Many great creators have got their minds stuck on smaller problems, and fell through cracks or into holes never to make again, or to have to change names, and leave great works in the shadows.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On May 8, 2021, Mazerate wrote:
I like the look of the routine. The choice in art has the appropriate fell. I think creating working art in a timely fashion must be challenging. The discipline it takes to properly test each piece, and co-ordinate appropriate controllers with each item while building many items can get confusing. I think with this type of artwork, one should allow the appropriate time to complete the project. Timing the making of one unit does not correlate time five (x5) when making 5 units. Further if making other items or routines, compiles the difficulty in execution.

One might require an apprentice, or several apprentices. If funds are not sufficient, then your price point should be adjusted or the required time to manufacture needs to be re-thought. This is obviously a work of passion. Having the purchaser use a deposit, to start the work, then final payment when ready with an estimate of completion. Taking on too many purchases without being able to properly execute can destroy ones credibility. Once you start to waver, it is difficult to reclaim ones position in the field.

I wish more of the makers were passionate enough to rectify problem and come through. Many great creators have got their minds stuck on smaller problems, and fell through cracks or into holes never to make again, or to have to change names, and leave great works in the shadows.

Unfortunately, this is what happened. Cody had a lot of ideas that never came to actual production and having to sell ahead to pay for the current work caught up with him. I think also trying to branch out into the rfid chip effects made it worse because that seems to be where it all fell down once the storm destroyed his roof to his workshop. Not sure if he was totally up front with what was going on but I miss his offering and wish he had stayed with the art work and not the electronic work. DDT is still my favorite.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
Lmao I still Love you all
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
I don't know why you are laughing about it Cody. You sit only a little bit above Outlaw and Roth in people's estimation.
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
Hey, above Roth and Outlaw is far more charitable than expected. Thanks <3
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Widows Gift. (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL