The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » What paintball caliber do you use for Velocity 2.0 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of knmagic
Do you use .62 caliber paintball or .68 caliber paintball for this illusion? Pro and cons? I have version 2 and it seems that .62 caliber is being discontinued.
Thanks
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
The .62 is the right size for that. I have them available here.

https://scottalexander.bigcartel.com/pro......50-count
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of knmagic
Thanks Scott. I don't use it often and the big batch I bought last time was deformed after a year. I guess they have a shelf life of a few months only.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I don't know if you have heard of it, but there is a very resourceful knowledge base now that everyone can use to find out facts about things a person knows little about. It is called the Internet, and the best search engine is called, Google.

To help with the question posed in this topic about longevity of Pain Balls, which I know nothing about, I Googled, Paint balls Storage. What came up was some advice and even blogs discussing paint balls and how to store them. Just like a smart phone, it does not seem their it a way to put them away and forget about them. But there is good advice.

Here is one website for an overview on paint balls and their life span.

https://www.thoughtco.com/how-to-store-paintballs-2565935 it reads like a good article to start with. After all we are magicians, not paintball enthusiast. It is good to know something about this sport, and it may help with a performer's presentation as well.

My own idea would be to test a sample and put a couple paint balls in a good Zip lock freezer bag, put them on a soft bed of cotton in a box, and put them in them in the freezer. Don't forget to press all the air out the bag before sealing. It is something to try and then test in a month if they are still good for shooting them out of the rifle. Sorry, I have no idea, how being in a freezer will affect the paint once thawed. That is why I suggest only a test 1st.

I find myself educating myself daily, on things I had no interest in, in past years, and am now curious to know a little more about.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » What paintball caliber do you use for Velocity 2.0 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL