The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Congratulations Shin Lim (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
TheMightyRicardo
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of TheMightyRicardo
Well, I thought it looked the way magic should look. Congratulations Shin Lim. You advanced magic among competing forms of entertainment.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2018, Frosty wrote:
Jealous babies Hahaha! You gots to be kidding me.. right?

Jealous of what?

Like I said his performance was great just don't like him..!

Anyways it appears one of his b*tches here got butt hurt on what I wrote and is now trying to defend him...

Hey, it's ok if ya love him.. I just don't..!

BTW don't call me names and I won't either.. thank you!
. You just made my point!!!!! Lol
Frosty
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
245 Posts

Profile of Frosty
MR Effecto, you make no sense but have a good one though..!
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Well you guys can sit here and chat all you want with your negative energy toward Shin then go to your 9 to 5 job & hope your phone rings for a magic gig.The bottom line here Is you guys are looking at the Magic only which is outstanding in my opinion. His magic tells a story & he knows how to play the camera with his good looks "GENIUS" all um sayin here ! Who cares about stooges camera men & all that crap "He entertained & Blew The audience away " You all will be chatting about him on the Café while he is counting his millions & getting ready for his new show In Vegas !
mantel
View Profile
Special user
922 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2018, tophatter wrote:
You all will be chatting about him on the Café while he is counting his millions & getting ready for his new show In Vegas !

Not quite millions, the prize is actually 25000 a year before tax for forty years. Or a lump sum of 450000 before tax.
Grey
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, WA
45 Posts

Profile of Grey
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2018, lynnef wrote:
I think I could have watched his whole routine just doing card productions! Rigging the dice? Oh, dear me? card forces, rough and smooth, Svengali? Oh dear me! Yes, I'd rather see Pop Haydn perform, any day. And I'd personally prefer to be at the Magic Castle than a big Vegas show. But, alas, AGT is a different stage. I'm glad Shin Lim, the magician, won! Lynn

Congratulations to Shin Lim on winning AGT!

There is a lot I agree with in this post. There is no accounting for taste, as they say.
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. Jim Elliot 1927-1956
Cryptghost
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Cryptghost
Congratulations Shin Lin, loved the final and you deserved to win and all the success that follows, hopefully I will see you in Vegas!!
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2018, mantel wrote:
Not quite millions, the prize is actually 25000 a year before tax for forty years. Or a lump sum of 450000 before tax.

Close but no cigar!
https://www.bustle.com/p/the-americas-go......11911759
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Ramon M
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Ramon M
The eye for detail is amazing. The fire has the same shape as his hair.
For people who know mr. Lim it might seem pretty obvious what he is doing, still I think that the act should be judged as a whole, and as a whole I think it is very good. If it should have won I really don't know. I don't look at the show, so I can't compare.
I am happy that there is a platform for magic at the moment, because there are so many mediocre magic acts. It might inspire more people to raise the bar, look beyond tricks, and enter more the realm of art, or, when that is too much asked, and it often is, entertainment.
Nigel Quinn
View Profile
Regular user
U.K
118 Posts

Profile of Nigel Quinn
Q U I N
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Really happy that this very public prize went not only to a magician, but to a phenomenal, creative magician who has mastered his craft and clearly deserves the honor. Congratulations, Shin!
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Cryptghost
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Cryptghost
Quote:
On Sep 22, 2018, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
Really happy that this very public prize went not only to a magician, but to a phenomenal, creative magician who has mastered his craft and clearly deserves the honor. Congratulations, Shin!

Totally agree, very happy for him, congrats again
DadMagic
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of DadMagic
Congrats to Shin Lim. After beating all global competition in FISM this must have been easy for him. Can’t wait for all the great magicians in this thread to win FISM and AGT, competition is a great thing!
music
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of music
Congrats Shim, you definitely made the magic look real, I really enjoyed every performance!
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Goes to show what you can do with a one-way force deck and no patter! Smile
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
rogue999
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of rogue999
I saw Shin Lim on America Got Talent the Champions. It will air this January. He was amazing again.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Congratulations Shin Lim (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL