The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » I'mpossible by Miraculous Magic (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Is the ACAAN effect really that clean??

http://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=62682

Description:

I'MPOSSIBLE IS A DECK OF CARDS THAT WILL ALLOW YOU TO:

- FIND ANY CARD IN THE DECK EASILY
- Perform seemingly impossible routines
- Add a level of impossibility to some of the routines in your own repertoire

Tutorial includes:

- 20 minutes of exploration of the secrets of the deck
- 60 minutes of routines

You will also learn a NUMBER INDEX SYSTEM that will allow you to predict the POSITION of ANY FREELY SELECTED card.

ROUTINES:

MATCHING CARD (4 Variations)

* Instantly match any card your spectator would cut to
* Let your spectator match the card you have cut to (without knowing what the card is)
* Let two spectators match each other's card
* A variation with a twist that you can use to introduce your next routine

NO WITNESS

* Standard version
Your spectator will select a card, will place it back in the deck AND will square the deck, WHILST YOU ARE LOOKING AWAY.
Yet, you will be able to find the card without any hesitation, often instantly.
* Easy version
The card will still be fully lost in the deck.
And you will find it the same way as before.
But you don't have to look away with this version.

CARD UNDER TABLE... OR ELSEWHERE

Let your spectator count to a number they choose.
The card at this number will be the one under the table, or in your pocket, wallet, in someone else's pocket, etc.

THINK OF A CARD

* Easy version (with full deck of cards)
* Standard version (with full deck of cards)
Know their thought-of card without looking at the card faces. A system that works without fail.

ANY CARD AT ANY NUMBER

* Standard version (no memory work)
* Easy version (that you will learn almost instantly)

PERFORMING AS A DUO
PERFORMING WITH A STOOGE
ROUTINES WITH TWO I'MPOSSIBLE DECKS
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
The deck conveniently goes out of sight at 45 seconds. Wonder what he’s doing with it? Smile
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2018, pegasus wrote:
The deck conveniently goes out of sight at 45 seconds. Wonder what he’s doing with it? Smile

You can see him doing some of the dirty work on camera. He is clearly cutting to a specific point and maintaining a break. I suspect that during the "out of sight" moments, he is doing something that to magicians would be pretty standard, such as a pass. However, it would stick out like a sore thumb on video. This looks similar to something I developed years ago, but I lost interest in because it was too difficult to master. I have ordered this just to see what he developed and to see if maybe it is an improvement over what I developed.

KJ
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Indeed. I could see the dirty work going on before the ‘out of view’ phase.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I have this now, and the method is very good. The explanation is painfully difficult to watch. It felt like she was trying to put me in a trance. Terrible explanation, but interesting method.

KJ
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Thank You for sharing, KJ.

What is the reset like?
Does the named card have to be returned to the same spot in the deck?
The ad copy mentions "routines". Are they referring that one may put together more than one of the suggested effects to form a routine or are routines taught with multiple phases?
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Mirrah Mirrahculous
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Mirrah Mirrahculous
Hi EZrhythm,
The reset is very easy, mostly instant, for some of the routines no reset is needed.
Finding any card in the deck is very easy too, if you need to position it back at the same location, this is even easier.

In regards to routines, you can create your own multiple phases. Once you have learned the secrets of the deck, you can combine the different effects as you choose. I usually decide this on the spot, individually for each performance and spectator.

As this is a deck of 52 cards, you may be able to apply the principles to other routines that you already perform.

This is how I came up with the Think of a Card routine. I have been performing it for about an year before the I'mpossible deck, but the deck just made it way easier.

Now I don't even need to look at the faces of the cards to know what the Thought of a card is, which takes the magic to another level of impossibility and the impact on spectators is much stronger.
Mirrah Mirrahculous
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Hi 1KJ,

Thankyou very much for your comment, I am really happy that you like the principle. The more I perform it, the more I discover new tips and tricks, and I love it.

Sad to know you didn't enjoy the tutorial, but I must say, there is really a lot to explain and it is not as easy as it may seem to do that.

I did my best to explain clearly, visually, with examples, so that everyone would be able to pick the deck and start performing it as quickly as possible.

And I think once a performer knows how to find any card in the deck, the routines are very easy to learn.

The standard version of ACAAN is the one that will take a bit of practice, but, as you now own the effect, you know how much the deck is helping from start to end.
Mirrah Mirrahculous
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Hi Magic KL, thankyou for posting the thread.

The ACAAN is very clean indeed.

There is only one physical action that the magician would need to complete.

It is a MOST basic action that anyone operating cards is already using in EVERY single one of their performances.

I have suggested several ways to do the action, including a number of ways to do it OPENLY, right in front of your spectator, as a part of the routine.
Of course it could be done using misdirection, or slight of hand.

So hopefully there is a suitable choice of method for every performer.

I hope this answers your question.
May I also note that the rest of the routines are also very strong and seemingly impossible, as the ACAAN.
Mirrah Mirrahculous
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Dear Pegasus,
In the initial version of the demo the hands never went out of sight. It looked so clean and invisible, that I actually got scared I might be accused of false advertising, so I asked the guys to zoom in. And this is 100% truth.

As a matter of fact to have a freely selected card, out of a full deck of cards, positioned at a freely selected number, without any prep work or special cards, it has to be either an Accident or a Miracle.

I chose that the demo has to be clear that this ACAAN is neither one of these.

There is an action to be completed by the magician.

It is a VERY easy action, and I would not classify it as 'dirty' work, as I said every card magician has done it hundreds of times.
Mirrah Mirrahculous
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

By the way the deck is fully helping the performer to accomplish the move/action.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2018, Mirrah Mirrahculous wrote:
Hi 1KJ,

Thankyou very much for your comment, I am really happy that you like the principle. The more I perform it, the more I discover new tips and tricks, and I love it.

Sad to know you didn't enjoy the tutorial, but I must say, there is really a lot to explain and it is not as easy as it may seem to do that.

I did my best to explain clearly, visually, with examples, so that everyone would be able to pick the deck and start performing it as quickly as possible.

And I think once a performer knows how to find any card in the deck, the routines are very easy to learn.

The standard version of ACAAN is the one that will take a bit of practice, but, as you now own the effect, you know how much the deck is helping from start to end.

I think it is more important for me to note that the method is VERY good. It was difficult for me to get through the instruction. Maybe it's because sometimes it is difficult for someone who is very familiar with their own product and method to get in the head of a consumer.

Again, very good method.

KJ
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Strange, Penguin indicates that this is sold out but it isn't on their Top 20 list.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Mirrah Mirrahculous
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

KJ, Thankyou very, very much
Mirrah Mirrahculous
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Thankyou Ezrhythm, it’s very kind of you to say that.
I have some amazing new magic coming. Fingers crossed Smile
Mirrah Mirrahculous
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Pleased to say that the I’mpossible deck is now back in stock.
Mirrah Mirrahculous
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Feeling so honoured to have received this fantastic review.... especially because it's coming from my 'Think of a card' Champion - Harry Robson

https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=62681
Mirrah Mirrahculous
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Hi guys,
I am incredibly happy and honoured to say that my I'mPossible deck has been released by Murphy's Magic for the 3rd time.

The first time, the entire batch sold out in just one day.
Now, they've added it to The Vault - Bro Gilbert's collection of favourite tricks.

The collection consists of only 300 tricks.
I cannot attempt to describe the feeling of knowing that my trick is one of them.

https://murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=74941
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » I'mpossible by Miraculous Magic (7 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL