The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Lou Gallo's Silver Certificate (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jay
View Profile
Elite user
Northern New Jersey
406 Posts

Profile of Jay
Can anyone direct me to a video of the way that this effect is supposed to look when done really really well? I am learning it and I’ve been practicing it over and over and I’m having some barriers towards making it look magical. Can't seem to find any videos on the web. Thank you Jay
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Lou Gallo is the brilliant magician dad of one of the NY Coin Guys here, Mike Gallo (a pretty darn good coin man himself). I'm sure Doc Rubinstein will be able to point you in the right direction on this, as it might be on one of their DVDs or even covered on a Lou Gallo DVD, or even Mike himself might be able to help here. I'm sure someone here will hear your call and reach out to help...just give it a minute. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
I checked Mike Gallo's DVD, "Remembering the Magic of Lou Gallo," and it appears not to be on there. Perhaps no video exists.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks Ray, I was thinking it might be on that old video, but it sounded that it might've been a bit obscure. Which is why I mentioned his son, Mike Gallo, as he probably knows of the effect and could help you as to it. He's a pretty good guy. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Jay
View Profile
Elite user
Northern New Jersey
406 Posts

Profile of Jay
Thank you guys for trying to help! I'm still hopeful!
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
By the way, what is the effect?
Jay
View Profile
Elite user
Northern New Jersey
406 Posts

Profile of Jay
A borrowed dollar bill instantly and visually becomes an examinable silver dollar.
Jay
View Profile
Elite user
Northern New Jersey
406 Posts

Profile of Jay
Here is an unlisted YouTube link to me performing this late last night. Please don't share further than here--I'm just looking for some tips from you guys on how to make this better. This clip is clearly not for public consumption. Thank you!

https://youtu.be/HSIk4W8faVA
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey, I could think of a few ways to do this, but that's not bad as you do it. I sorta thought it was done about that way. Smile I'm pretty sure you're on the right tracks as to it.

Shhhhhh....I actually do something similar but just use a coin... Smile

www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=14&v=GbnS3Czt7eg

But as to "Silver Certificate," I was just looking through some things and I found that the effect by Lou Gallo was also covered by a few other magicians, like in "The Magic of Michael Ammar." *If you look through the Table of Contents pics there, you’ll see it listed. Smile

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Magic-of-Mi......fvlbsqxV

And it’s listed in his "Michael Ammar PRESENTS ENCORE II”

*Also, it is covered in “Miracle Material” by Michael Kaminskas

Hope that helps for now. Smile

Jay
View Profile
Elite user
Northern New Jersey
406 Posts

Profile of Jay
Thank you MB217 for the feedback and your video link. That was really pretty! Yes I actually learned it from "The Magic of Michael Ammar" book which is why I brought it here to the coin experts. I wanted to make sure I was on the right track and a book doesn't give me the feedback I'm looking for... But you did! Smile

Thank you again!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks Jay, appreciate your good words and happy that the info was pertinent here. Keep working with it, I'm sure you'll get it down just right. Smile

Good journey to you. Smile

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Lou Gallo's Silver Certificate (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL