The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hysteria by Chad Long (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
giobbi1
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of giobbi1
I bought the download only because I was sure I had the gaff which I did. Problem is I cannot get the gaff to slide on either close up mat I have. They are both good quality mats from Patrick’s Magical Surfaces. Anyone else having this problem and were you able to resolve it? Thanks.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Hi,

I have a gimmick I got with the 10p version of Imagination Coins.
Before I purchase will it work with this?

Thanks
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Just get the download
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2018, Rizzo wrote:
Just get the download

Thanks
Chad Long
View Profile
V.I.P.
229 Posts

Profile of Chad Long
Hi gang,

Just wanted to say thanks for all the kind words about Hysteria. I really appreciate it. As well, I wanted to quickly address the other points made, which I believe are quite valid.

Yes, the ad says I've kept this to myself since 1994 and that's not entirely accurate. I did teach this before, but this is the first time it's been officially released, taught in great detail and filmed in HD. I should have mentioned that in the ad and maybe even the video itself. To be honest with you, I'd completely forgotten I even taught it before, so I take the blame for this one. I also include an earlier published routine with a coin purse as a bonus.

The coins I use in the shoot are Walking Liberty halves. These are my own personal coins, so I'm glad Penguin clarified this and indicated which coins you would receive when you purchased it.

I wouldn't really do this on a hard surface as noise could be a factor and the clean-up becomes quite difficult.

Finally, yes, most of you already have the necessary gimmick (turtle) to perform this, so the "download only" option should be fine.

Thanks so much again and take care.

Best,

Chad
Nevets
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Nevets
Thanks for admitting that the ad was dishonest. A great thing to do Smile. Will Penguin now change the ad copy?
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
I’d say dishonest is a stretch. It’s a sales pitch on a website & Chad clarified concerns .
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Chad, what Matt are you using? Or recomend for this? When I move the gimmick it don’t slide easy!!!!! Or is it my turtle?
Nevets
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Nevets
File your turtle lightly with a nail file to get rid of the rough edges.
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1569 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2018, reignofsound wrote:
Hi,

I have a gimmick I got with the 10p version of Imagination Coins.
Before I purchase will it work with this?

Thanks

Yes it will
John7
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of John7
I got the half dollar version but the turtle is too tight. Not sure what to do about it. I don’t want to damage it by bending it too much
Jessica Love
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Jessica Love
Quote:
On Nov 17, 2018, John7 wrote:
I got the half dollar version but the turtle is too tight. Not sure what to do about it. I don’t want to damage it by bending it too much

Don't bend it. 2 ways you can do it that I've used.

1. use the bottom round part of a clipper lighter to apply pressure around the inner edge.
2. put a dollar bill between the coin and the gimmick and push the coin in, sandwiching the bill (you can get stuck doing this if you're not very careful so beware!)
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1526 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2018, giobbi1 wrote:
I bought the download only because I was sure I had the gaff which I did. Problem is I cannot get the gaff to slide on either close up mat I have. They are both good quality mats from Patrick’s Magical Surfaces. Anyone else having this problem and were you able to resolve it? Thanks.

I had the same experience with my Patrick's mat. The gaff refused to slide at all. So I got a Trevor Duffy mat. Aww, much better.

The downside of Trevor Duffy's offering is that it is only available in black. The big upside is that it doesn't attract lint or cat hair. We have a cat with medium length fur. We vacuum the house almost daily to keep the hair under control. But that didn't prevent cat hair from finding its way onto my Patrick's mat. I had to use a lint roller to keep it clean. That simply doesn't happen with Trevor Duffy's mat. And if a single white cat hair does end up on the Duffy mat, it can be brushed away easily with my hand. The Patrick's mat grabs cat hair like it is glue.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hysteria by Chad Long (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL