The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Remember the old story telling that revolved around a drawing? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Somecreative Stagename
View Profile
New user
Liberty Lake, WA
20 Posts

Profile of Somecreative Stagename
I was just looking for some fun stuff to do with the Youth Group at our church and remembered a regular article that was in one of the old magic magazines (Genii or there was another one I got years ago, I think it was put out by a magic shop).

This art had to do with telling a story and drawing different pictures on a huge board as the story evolved, as did the picture into one big picture. It was kinda neat. I forget what it was called.

Does anyone remember this stuff? I know it's not the best description, but...

Thanks,
Paul
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
Paul,
I think http://www.maherstudios.com/ has books on this. I bought 2. One was called "Chalk Talk". I don't remember the title of the other. Bill Boley also does a chalk talk routine with the Axtell drawing board on his Novelty Ventriloquism video.

Oliver
rsummer27
View Profile
Loyal user
South Carolina
225 Posts

Profile of rsummer27
Ralph Dewy had written several good books about Chalk Talks.
Ralph
Giggles the Clown buys all of his
supplies at www.madhattermagicshop.com
Super Low Prices on Videos and DVDs!
Somecreative Stagename
View Profile
New user
Liberty Lake, WA
20 Posts

Profile of Somecreative Stagename
That's IT! Smile

Chalk Talk. I just couldn't figure out the name and had been searching for weeks.

Thanks so much!
Paul
Kerry Kistler
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, MO
234 Posts

Profile of Kerry Kistler
An old thread, I know, but you can find a full listing of chalk talk books still in print at http://goldenchalkclassics.blogspot.com/#current

Each book listing has a link to a vendor. Some are gospel, some are not. The same site also has many public domain books on the subject available for free download in PDF.

Best,
Kerry
Kerry Kistler
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, MO
234 Posts

Profile of Kerry Kistler
A new forum for chalk artists is now online at

http://thechalkloft.heavenforum.com/index.htm

Drop over for a visit,
Kerry
puppeterry
View Profile
Regular user
Sanger, CA
114 Posts

Profile of puppeterry
Kerry, it's a nice set-up. What format do you want to follow for story-drawings? Separate pictures for each step--or one picture with the steps numbered?

Puppeterry
TV Mc Arthur
The Librician
Fresno (CA) County Public Library
"They don't get better.....just faster."
Kerry Kistler
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, MO
234 Posts

Profile of Kerry Kistler
Thanks for the kind words.

Hmmm...good questions. Separate pix for each step would be nice but it would be more work and I don't want to do anything to discourage folks from posting so feel free to share however you wish and we'll all be grateful.

Thanks for registering - just saw that come in tonight. Hope to see lots of you around The Chalk Loft!

Best,
Kerry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Remember the old story telling that revolved around a drawing? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL