The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Dollar or euros? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

emeline
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of emeline
Can we make all the tricks with all the coins or do we need to have just half dollar etc? can we use the Euros? I don't know if I need to search 50cents?
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Half Dollars just happens to be the standard. If you do coin magic that requires gaffs, then U.S. coins are the way to go. I believe gaffed Euros are now manufactured by some suppliers. If you do gaffless coin magic then I think any available coin/s, especially if you travel a lot, would be very impressive.

I hope this helps!

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
If you are doing a formal show, nice coins are props.

if you want your work to seem impromptu, then you will be best served by coins that are borrowed or at least appear to be your pocket change.

What is the attraction to American coins?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Mr Townsend,

I think the attraction to American coins to most magicians, especially new magicians are the gaffs that are offered in magic magazines, and shops.

I couldn't agree more with your post. I learned my lesson years ago when I did an informal number using half dollars (gaffed), and I'm from the Philippines. When I was asked to use our local coins, I was devastated. Since then I vowed to learn sleights and researched as much as I could on the subject.

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
davidtan
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of davidtan
UK and Euro gaffed coins are available. Surely, you get the coins depending on when/where you're performing?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Dollar or euros? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL