The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Strike double lift (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
NealCoffey
View Profile
New user
New Jersey
28 Posts

Profile of NealCoffey
Hmm. Reading the discussion so far... I learned how to do an Erdnase color change from Oz Pearlman (and I do have the Erdnase book, btw), and the Himber Count from Jay Sankey. Should they both be put down, too, for teaching moves that aren't theirs?
Kevvy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Kevvy
This is well worth the money; $7.00 for a video and an e-book is fair. I am more than satisfied with my purchase as I learned a slightly different way execute this move. Dan even took the time to respond to my email.

Keep in mind that not everyone performs moves the same way. Although the Strike is covered in other DVDs,I am always interested in new techniques and insights. Sometimes, a minor detail can make a world of difference.
RCarruth
View Profile
Veteran user
Spartanburg, S.C.
341 Posts

Profile of RCarruth
I agree with tonyb one hundred percent. Dan is a professional, and his material is first class. The strike double-lift is a move that someone could incorporate into their routine and it could serve a vital purpose for years to come... How much is that worth?

Dan is a Teacher. We can debate the merits of his pdf all day. But, the 'love it or get your money back guarantee' pretty well puts an end to ANY argument.

Oh.. and I'm almost certain I saw him perform an overhand shuffle and pinkie break that wasn't credited.. maybe we can start a new thread !?
Magic Roadshow - Magic's #1 Free Newsletter
http://magicroadshow.com
ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
Thanks to the major contributors to this thread for arriving at a truce. Best wishes that the world would do the same in 2005.
"Oh look, we have created enchantment." Blanche DuBois
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
For those who had kind words to say about Dan, and did not know -- from November until last Sunday, Dan was battling - and losing - a battle with cancer. Several brain tumors caused him to be lose the use of the left side of his body. He was, quite literally, dying during this thread.

For those of you who knew him and know Andrea, I ask that you keep in contact with her and offer your condolences and love. The next few months are going to be very hard for her.

One eulogy is here: http://chetmysteries.blogspot.com/ and I'm sure there will be others.

*jeep!
--Chet, who misses his friend
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
993 Posts

Profile of Gianni
Can anyone provide a short bio of Dan Turcotte? How old was he when he passed?

Gianni
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Seems I remember something from his bio that put him in his mid-forties. He always struck me as a real nice guy - and that just from some of his instructional downloads from "You Do Magic".

I was so sad to hear of his passing.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
BobMc
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
151 Posts

Profile of BobMc
This is a really old thread, but one I still wanted to comment on. I downloaded the video and pdf and found it well worth $5, particularly when I consider that I spend $50 for my daughter to take a 30-minute piano lesson and she is horrible. I'm not where I want to be with many card techniques, and a great double-lift is something I'll be working on for a while. I think Greg Wilson's double lift DVD is fantastic and I consider this as a perfect technique supplement, and I think if someone is concerned that this pdf and video isn't worth what one venti latte at starbucks costs, okay. But I picked up some nice tips and I'm very happy.
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
I love Dan Tucotte's works and his Youdo Magic website. This strike double lift is really works for me and I use it all the time. Check out His 3 DVD set, it is full with workable materials.

Jeff
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I just purchased the SDL vid and PDF and couldn't be happier! Being new to card work my DL had a lot to be desired but was coming along but now using the SDL I'm feeling more confidant and my practice sessions are not as frustrating. 5 bucks sure seems fair to me and I will most likely purchase more from the site!
Mick
Glogal
View Profile
Regular user
Hollywood, California
155 Posts

Profile of Glogal
I bought his 3 DVD set years ago. His teaching is wonderful and the set is a real bargain. Check out his site at: http://www.youdomagic.com
It's so sad he passed away. A real nice guy and a great magician!
Gigi
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Strike double lift (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL