The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Fellowship of Christian Magicians 2002 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
Hey everybody! The 2002 convention was awsome! I had the pleasure of performing on one of the evening programs with my family (The Flom Family). Please tell me, and the users here that did attend, what great things happened at the FCM convention 2002. Share things you learned, performers you loved, or new friends you met!

Justin Flom Smile Smile Smile
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Hello Justin!

Although I missed the evening program, I was blessed by the performance at the President's Choice Program featuring your Dad, Scott, sister, and... was that you who did the floating paper rose, flash to real rose at the end? It was awesome!

I also was honored to interview your Dad over lunch one day. And hope to be following up with him soon.

For me, it was meeting and getting to know all the great people who are giving their wonderful gifts for the Kingdom!

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
Great! I'm glad you liked the workshop. That's my favorite routine to do with my sister. FCM has to be one of my favorite weeks of the year. Smile Smile Smile
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Another most memorable and immensely enjoyable session was the late, late magic with PJ Weber.

We started at 11:00 PM each night and some nights went until about 5:00 am. It was some of the best sharing of methods and presentation that I have ever seen. Everyone had something to offer, and everyone else had great feedback that helped us all.

One night PJ did his entire linking ring program and we were thoroughly impressed and entertained. Also, Doug? (rats, I already forgot his name) had a great ring on rope presentation and lessons with extra rings and ropes so quite a few worked on their moves. We shared card work, endless chain, sponge ball, and really got down to the thinking behind it all, what works and why, etc.

Different folks stopped by each night, big names, and unknowns, the magic was flying, and every night was both a blessing and a challenge.

I enjoyed everything else about the conference, but I had to leave on Thursday afternoon, and what I immediately missed most was those late, late sessions.

PJ Weber, facilitated well, got everyone involved in show and tell, by gently, and individually encouraging everyone to put something forward. And we were all better for it. He also gave the complete handling and presentation on a couple of really great effects (sorry - I can't talk about them - you had to be there to get them!) and was an all around fantastic person to be around.

As always, it was great to see Duane Laflin, and Steve Varro, and Ron London and some others, but meeting so many others like Toby Travis, Scot Flom, and on and on, and spending one-on-one or one on a few time with them was the highlight of the magic year for me!

BroDavid
Joey Evans
View Profile
Special user
Fort Myers, FL
535 Posts

Profile of Joey Evans
I agree. My favorite part was indeed the late nights. And I remember the five o'clock nights, but it was well worth it. We did cards, coins, sponges, etc.. I use to wish they had more close-up lectures, but the late nights have always been good. I've got several things that I'll be performing at my restaurants. And P.J. does an excellent pass. I had to MC all the late shows with Les so I was always a little late getting there.

Justin excellent job in the evening program, by the way. Well done.

-- Joey Brummett
Joey@fortmyersmagic.com
The Visual Comedy and Magic of Joey Evans

http://www.Evansmagic.com/

The Impossible Has Never Been So Funny!
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
This was our first FCM convention. We really enjoyed the convention and of course the late night jam sesions. Justin, you and your family did a great job. Hey Joey, Kevin here... it was great meeting you. We hope to be in Florida sometime in 2003.
Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
And for those who missed the FCM, you also missed Kevin doing a great "spontaneous" Healed and Sealed Soda can, as a group of us left the main building to enter the dorm lobby of an adjacent building for the Late, Late session.

Kevin went over to the trash by the door we were entering and grabbed a used can, and went for it! Much better than David Blaine in my opinion!

Hello kevin! I will be in touch for that interview!

BroDavid
The Christian Magician Magazine
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
David...thanks for reminding me about the interview. We have been on the road ever since FCM, actually May for that matter. I am finally home, but Kristen is at Abbott's get together. Just email me or call me. Good luck with the magazine, we'll keep it in our prayers.
Kevin

P.S. thanks for the kind words concerning the can trick.
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Fellowship of Christian Magicians 2002 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL