The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » In the hands effects for coins? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
anthonyb
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of anthonyb
Carl Andrews' Magic from Maui book contains practical. effective walk-about coin routines such as The Two Coin Trick (non-gimmick relation of Hopping Half).
Anthony Brahams
www.thecairnpress.com
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Paul Harris' trick "PDQ2" is brilliant. I had previously over looked this effect as being impractacle...But having seen Mike O'Brien perform his variation, I have immediately started to learn it.
This is a version of the coins across. Where one by one coins fly from one hand to the other... The best thing is the method though...Really original. Another great asset to the routine is that after the second coin has travelled, you become two ahead, which means that you finish extra clean.
Oh. and by the way there are no extra coins! So you really do end clean!
Owen
stephen secret
View Profile
New user
mpls.
67 Posts

Profile of stephen secret
Yes, I'm working on the Paul Harris 'PDQ2' and plan to use it gathering people for a show on the street.

All one needs is four coins and someones hands and you are ready for some "clean" coin magic. I like the way one ends with hands empty and four coins in their hand...nice.

sincerely, secret
sincerely, secret
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Thanks guys and Curtis I have volume 1 of your videos which is great I love the effects and the stuff Harbottle teaches is great I'm going to pick up 2 soon.
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
SIX,
If you are interested in the magic of Kainoa I really suggest you also take a look at his book Coins on Edge (if you have not already)...It Has some brilliant effects in it!
owen
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Unforgettable coin magic by cody fisher is good video
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Chris "linkster" Watson
View Profile
Special user
England
564 Posts

Profile of Chris
Favourites at the moment would be:-

Hellbound Spellbound - Chris Kenner - Totally out of control (book)

Totem - Mike aka Wildstone - Manuscript - Café Member who usually posts here

Mr Clean Coins Across/ Mexican Jumping Coins / No Jacket Required (3 Diferent effects) - Jay Sankey - Revolutionary coin magic - Vid/DVD

Then there are effects which are in print which I have adapted some what.

Hopping Halves - the classic plot only an ungaffed version...I believe there are versions available in print....hopefully someone here will be able to shed some light on who and where Smile

The other thing I am performing lots at the moment is a derren brown style coin prediction thing adapted from richard Busch's peek performances and using a few psycological tricks to get a spectator to choose an imaginary coin off the back of your hand then with out them saying a word revealing their coin and proving that you knew which coin they would choose even before they chose it.. freaks them out.

Chris
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Don't forget David Stones videos 1and 2
Curtis palms of steel is excellent,,,,

And we are all waiting for Mickey Silver's dvd to arive..
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
I do a four coins across routine using the spectators hands as my table. After the third coin moves across, I place "three coins" in the spectators hand and have hime make a fist. I then make the last coin travel from my hand into his fist to join the other three.
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Michael,
This routine you describe sound identical to Paul Harris' "PDQ2", which I mention in one of my previous posts in this topic. it is indeed a brilliant trick. Did you come up with this your self? If so it will be interesting to compare methods!
Owen
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

I was taught the coins across routine in 1987 by a street magician in Tannen's magic store in NYC. The routine is/was done on a table. I adapted it for the spectators hands impromptu and adopted the idea of the last coin in the spectators hand from my work with sponge balls. Uses hang pien cheng (sp?) move with clever (corny/ fun) routining to justify the coin handling. PM me and I'll discuss the actual routine specifics.
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
I cant find out of control if anyone has one for sale please let me know .
six
Chris "linkster" Watson
View Profile
Special user
England
564 Posts

Profile of Chris
Davenports in london used to have it, don't know if they still do.
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

I recieved four PM's regarding my routine so I put up in the banquet room. I left most of the patter lines out. It's better to infuse the routine with your own personality.
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Davenports do not have it.
People have become very reluctant to part with this book, and if they do most people realise how much it is now worth (because it is so highly demanded)...Does anyone know if there are any plans to reprint it? It seems a bit strange if they don't because a second print I am sure will also sell out...With all the attention around it at the moment.
owen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » In the hands effects for coins? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL