The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Interesting new product (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paladin
View Profile
New user
Somerset, UK
58 Posts

Profile of Paladin
I know this probably shouldn't be here, and everybody probably knows this anyway, but hopefully this will be of some help to someone out there...

The other day I stumbled on an interesting new product which allows you to actually catch and hold bubbles!

The product is somewhat originally entitled "Catchabubble" and is distributed by Pocko's (www.pockos.com), this would be so cool for a kids show...

Any other "exciting" new products out there full of magical potential?
...and brilliant people should cross each others cycles, like some of the nicest planets.

Oscar Wilde
bumbleface
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of bumbleface
First of all, what does this have to do with card magic? Second, the bubble thing really doesn't have that much magic potential. That;s my opinion. Smile
kris attard
View Profile
Elite user
Malta
437 Posts

Profile of kris attard
This may not have much to do with card magic, but I disagree that catching a soap bubble does not have much potential. For years I performed a trick in my kids shows with the glass set of imitation bubbles sold for the Multiplying soap Bubbles. It really got even adults when I blew bubbles and apparently caught them in the air. I placed them in a cloth bagwhich later changed them to real ball, xmas baubles, etc. I realise that this new gimmick, incorporated with such props, can produce an innovative routine.
JimMaloney
View Profile
Inner circle
1184 Posts

Profile of JimMaloney
This stuff isn't that new. I bought a bottle of someting similar about two years ago. You need to be careful with it, though...it does leave a bit of a residue after the bubble has "popped." (Usually it just gets a hole and the air flows out.)

As far as it having magic potential, Jeff McBride used it at the beginning of his show last year in Atlantic City. He didn't do a whole lot with it, but jsut before the show began, he and Abbi were in the back of the house blowing the bubbles over that audience. It provided lots of amusement, especially for those who caught them or had them land on their head. Smile

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 17th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Whats old is new. I have used them as part of my coin routine. Thanks for stimulating my mind. There might be a nearly normal card routine. Perhaps signed card to bubble.
Since the wand only allows for smaller size bubbles I would have to use the Mercury F.

Bubbles, Cards and Kids of all ages.

Yes I do card magic for kids,(about 9 and up)
The plot has to be very straight forward, such as 4 card matrix(love them coins) and the 4 cards changing to either the kids age ie(10's) or to earlier selected cards (via Curry T.O).

Harris

Smile
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
giggalo183
View Profile
New user
new jersey
32 Posts

Profile of giggalo183
i also think it has great potential especialy fo rth etrick where u turn a bubble into a solid ball, very amusing,i guess its one of those tricks u have to see in person to see th epotential
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
how do you get a mercury card in a bubble?

i like the idea but i'm not following ...

:(
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Lonnie Dilan
View Profile
Special user
Canyon Country, California
823 Posts

Profile of Lonnie Dilan
Great idea Harris.

Bumble, You can make practically anything relate to card magic...in one way or another....

That's what is so great about cards.

Card in bubble....someone do it!!

I bet it's been done....
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
The card is not in the bubble, but appears
when the bubble is popped. Sort of like flash coins, the coins are not in the paper they just appear to morph out of the flame.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
magiker
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
283 Posts

Profile of magiker
Bumbleface wrote:

`First of all, what does this have to do with card magic? Second, the bubble thing really doesn't have that much magic potential. That;s my opinion.`

First of all I didn´t think this was about card magic as it is under the kids section.

Second some excellent magic can be done using bubbles, I too use the glass bubble to do a switch.

Kids of all ages love bubbles.

Smile Older kids like me prefer these bubbles

Rick
Magiker

Believe in the possibility of the impossible
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Interesting new product (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL