The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Accessories » » The Trade Show Shells by Whit Haydn & Chef Anton » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
The Trade Show Shells by Whit Haydn & Chef Anton
----------oOo----------

Effect & description: Whit Haydn and Chef Anton in conjuction with Hocus Pocus Magic, went into this incredible metamorphosis of the classic swindle that everyone knows and loves! Now you can perform it on stage, on the street, at trade shows, parlor and other venues where before it was not possible!

These beautiful, hand-crafted, virtually indestructible resind hard plastic shells are all mechanical, which means there's no sleight-of-hand required. That's correct -- no sleight-of-hand required; it's self-working!

• Three Jumbo Shells measuring an incredible 8"x6" and 2 1/2" deep!

• Includes four 2" peas

• Includes a DVD of Chef Anton and Whit Haydn's audience-tested routine and advanced handling tips!

• Exact patter used in Chef Anton's trade show act for years

• Large enough to load your company's premiums or products

• Great visual prop for promotional photos

• Not only do the Trade Show Shells play great from a distance, they are an extremely attractive, eye-catching prop with plenty of guaranteed audience interaction!

---------------------------------------

Shells, shells, shells! I think magic uses that word more then any other profession! Okay, maybe not, but I often feel that way. I mean, we use them with boxes, tubes, coins and many, many other items. It is a very basic magic principal and has been used for over a hundred years at least. Smile

Then there is the classic Shell Game, you know, find the little pea and win a prize? Either that or go broke trying. Smile But here again we have a zillion shells! I've seen plastic shells, The Golden Shells, The Copper Shells, Magnetic Golden Shells, The Street Shells, Turtle Shells, Scarab Shells and even Ladybug Shells. Geez, how many more shells do we really need? Especially since very few performers even know the real work on the shell game.

The real deal requires a lot of practice, patience and good presentation skills to actually work and be entertaining. Add to this the fact that the spectators need to be very close to the performer to really see what is happening, and you have plenty of reasons why you won't see this effect performed very often.

That said, while many performers love the idea of performing the shell game. few actually have the skills required and even less will ever even make a serious attempt once they read up on all the secret moves and sleights that are necessary.

But wait friends! There is hope for you yet! Now you can have the best of both worlds, ease of use and visibility.
Hocus Pocus along with Whit Haydn and Chef Anton worked many months to bring their new TRADE SHOW SHELLS to the magic community. These bad boys are absolutely huge, making for good visibilty, but look so much like the famous tiny walnut shells that spectators will recognize the concept right away. The peas are large as well and will put a smile on your face once you see them.

Yet, the best part is the set is virtually self-working! The gimmick is easy to operate making the standard shell game a breeze to perform, even for a neophyte. Though no special skills are required, I imagine seasoned professionals will no doubt find ways to take advantage of these large size shells. If doing a trade show, I can imagine one doing a final load and producing the clients product.

You receive the three giant shells, four huge peas and an instructional DVD which walks you through several routines and handlings while providing many tips and suggestions along the way. If there is anything that might stop one from running out and picking up a set, it might be the price.
While high, you must consider that a VERY limited number of these sets were manufactured. In addition, a lot of time and effort went into producing these and if you are a working pro, you will see the real value here. I do not hesitate in recommending them. Awsome quality and a prop that you'll not only be proud to own, but is surely destined to become a real collectable.
Highly recommended. Smile
------------------------------------------

My rating:

Available from Hocus Pocus

Suggested retail: $495.00

Hocus Pocus
2311 McKinley Avenue, Fresno, Ca. 93703
Order Toll-Free!: 800-407-4040
Questions, chat: (559) 266-5150
24-Hour Fax: (559) 266-4517

You can also contact Hocus Pocus directly at: sales@hocus-pocus.com
To visit the Hocus Pocus site: Click here!
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Accessories » » The Trade Show Shells by Whit Haydn & Chef Anton » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL