The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Butter coin and flipper coin (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jbmagic12250
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of jbmagic12250
Can you explain what they are and how they are used? What's the difference in the two?

Thanks

Everything takes longer than it does.
fanwun
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of fanwun
They do the same thing. It just looks different. It's really a matter of preference. Anything beyond what I just stated would be exposure, and I'm not going there.
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
I wouldn't exactly say they're the same thing. They serve similar purposes, but the gaff, the mechanics, and pretty much everything else about them are different. Butter coin makes for a slick coins through table, and can be used for pretty non-visual visual coins across. The ^coin can do anything a butter coin can do, and more, it looks better, and the effects are more visual.

I have both, mostly because the coins through the table with the butter coin is nice. That's about all I do with it however. I use the ^coin all the time.

I posted a routine for the ^coin on my site. It's at SunDragon Magic if you're interested. The setup and method have been removed from my site, but you can PM me if you want them.

Best,
Mike
<><>< SunDragon Magic ><><>

"Question Reality... Create Illusion"
John Oaks
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of John Oaks
Not heard of Butter coin? Have some of the other type.
Have a Magical Day!
------

I really didn't know how to explain it.
So I told them the truth, and they fell for it!
Signet
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of Signet
I have a video of butter coin. A friend gave it to me and it's probably 10 years old. I asked my local magic shop to order the butter coin. He told me they don't make it anymore.
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Never Heard of a Butter Coin....who made it and what is it?
Flipper Coins are great. You can see it used in many places including AGT. Troy Hooser was the first person I ever saw use one to devastate people. It is a very versatile gimmick.

Please PM so as not to expose what the butter coin is please.
Bridgehouse
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Bridgehouse
I’ve also never heard of butter coin either..?!
jim ferguson
View Profile
Veteran user
Ayrshire, Scotland
386 Posts

Profile of jim ferguson
There are some misleading comments in this thread.

Butter Coin and a Flipper are two different things. They can both be shown as a single coin, or as two coins, but that's really where the similarities end.

Butter Coin can also be used for the bitten coin trick, although a dedicated "bitten coin" gimmick looks better.

While Butter Coin can be shown as two coins, the display and the way the coin(s) need to be displayed is rather limited. For example, if you want to display the coin as two, the coin(s) must be held at the fingertips of one hand - and only a small portion of one of the coins can be visible. The display looks better when another coin is used to show three - but even then you are limited as to how they can be held and shown.

In short - you will probably get more utility (and better/more open displays) from a standard flipper.

If you're still interested in the Butter Coin try contacting Alex Lourido. It was also out under a few different names - Cavalier Coin was one if memory serves.

Jim
hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
I have one for sale if anyone is interested!
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Butter coin and flipper coin (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL