The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Revolution (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rtcooks
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of rtcooks
I watched the Revolution on ellusionist.com, but I am unable to buy it because it only comes as a download and windows 98 does not meet the system requirements. What other videos would any of you recommend that could teach me a simmilar effect. I am fairly new to coin magic, and I prefer video's because I am more of a visual learner. Thanks in advance for any help....
BradleyNott
View Profile
Veteran user
Westwood, CA (UCLA)
351 Posts

Profile of BradleyNott
David Roth's coin magic videos are great

What's wrong with books man? Not patient enough for them?

I'm just teasing. Videos won't help building the foundations of coin magic (palms, timing, etc.) only practice will.

Good luck.
If you were a hotdog, and you were starving...would you eat yourself? I know I would!
digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
Quote:
On 2004-07-11 10:04, rtcooks wrote:
I watched the Revolution on ellusionist.com, but I am unable to buy it because it only comes as a download and windows 98 does not meet the system requirements. What other videos would any of you recommend that could teach me a simmilar effect. I am fairly new to coin magic, and I prefer video's because I am more of a visual learner. Thanks in advance for any help....

Hi rtcooks,

I agree with BradleyNott about picking up either a good book or the Roth DVDs. Michael Ammar's "Intro To Coin Magic" DVD might also be a good choice for you.

By the way, if you're set on getting "Revolution", Windows 98 is compatible with their TroubleMaker software provided it's SECOND EDITION. That is, Windows 98 SE. Anything lower and it will not work. But if you do have second edition, you should be okay.

digitaltrip
rtcooks
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of rtcooks
Thanks for the info. I think at times I do get impatient. Videos seem to show me the correct way, then I can practice it. But I do like reading books also.
BradleyNott
View Profile
Veteran user
Westwood, CA (UCLA)
351 Posts

Profile of BradleyNott
The correct way is the way that works for your hand size, body and personality. Mastery of the technical aspects really depends on these things. Nobody is making you do a sleight or routine exactly as you read or see it.

There is no correct way, there is only your personal way. I'm not saying you should take ownership of something as common as the French drop, but everyone has their interpretation based upon their needs.

The best way to develop your own style is to read books. Fundamentals take longer in coin magic than almost anything. Be patient, but stick to it.

May Downs and Buckley and all the rest be with you.
If you were a hotdog, and you were starving...would you eat yourself? I know I would!
Sirakor
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Sirakor
On the video front David Roth's DVDs (The expert coin magic series - don't let the 'expert' in the title confuse you), or Michael Ammar's Complete Introduction to coin magic are good places to start.

However, I would recommend to buy Bobo's book first of all. It teaches you all the foundations and many more things at an unbeatable price. Also, even if DVD's are your preferred way of learning, Bobo's is a must have for anyone even half serious about coin magic. Later on it will also serve you as a useful point of reference. If you don't get the explanation in Bobo's or want to use videos in addition to it, pick one of the above.

A last note, buy 'The NEW modern coin magic' (hardbound) if you can, it contains much more information than the regular 'Modern coin magic' which is paperback and readily available on amazon et al.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I would avoid Revolution. Ellusionist tends to overhype it's products and overcharge for them.

Use your money to get some quality magic. Roth or Bobo's were mentioned...check into them.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Bobo's book, get the hardback, will last you for life. Always something new to find.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Revolution (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL