The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2004 entrée: Paul Cummins » » Getting the most out of your pracice sessions » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dominik
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
143 Posts

Profile of dominik
Hi Paul,

I guess many magicians have a day job other than magic that severely limits the time available for pracicing magic. Besides, there are a couple of others things that can be fun to do somethimes. So we have to maximise the effect of our practice sessions.
How do you get the most out of your pracice sessions? How much time to you spend to learn new moves and new effects, how much to hone your skills at old ones?
HOW do you practise? Do you look for new effects on a regular basis, or don't you start working on something new until the old stuff is polished well enaugh that you have to gain some performance experience before going back to it for refinements?
What is the ratio between your practice of moves and your practice of tricks?

Dominik
pcummins
View Profile
V.I.P.
169 Posts

Profile of pcummins
Hi Dominik,

I have never thought of sitting down and actually working earnestly with any slieight. I seem to "play" with them again and again and again until they feel and look right and good. Perhaps I am practicing, but it certainly never seems like work. I don't have a practicing ethic or system, and I don't practice a certain amount of hours per day or anything like that.

I played with Kenner's 4by4 switch for a year or so before I started using it. I guess I was practicing, but felt, to me, like playing. I've been "practicing" Ray's Rise for a few years now and I still can't do it! But someday I'll start hitting it, someday...

Not a very exciting answer, I'm afraid!

Paul
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2004 entrée: Paul Cummins » » Getting the most out of your pracice sessions » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL